New Section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Section?

Would it be possible to implement a new section.

A section that allows users to post threads containing specific technical information regarding how to fix or mod their weapons.

It seems to me that this would stop so much spamming to the Technical Help threads as people would have the facility to search for a guide to fix a problem that may already have been covered.

They can then either find a solution to their problem, tidily without creating ANOTHER thread on the subject OR they do not find a solution and THEN create a new thread.

The Section could have specific title rules for example:
    [Brand][Gun Model][Guide]
    So:
    [JG][G36c][Hop Up Replacement]

Or something similar.

Furthermore you could disallow anyone to actually post and/or reply to these threads much like on the Announcements Section.

Also, Much like in the Sales thread you could also have a template for initial content.
    Make:
    Gun/Model:
    Tools/Equipment Needed:
    Estimated Time Of Completion:

Just an idea..
    Signature Removed

Re: New Section?

This somewhat appeals to me...

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Sounds like a very good idea ! A section to cover the basic's to stop the same old stuff being ask'd

http://www.ukaircav.com

Comment

i agree alot!
        Samaham C

Comment

Sounds good! Almost like a forum wiki

Comment

To a certain extent I agree. But it then puts some owness back on the person asking for help. As they will have to be more specific than, ''my guns broke please help'' type questions.

They would need to be specific with the problem and supply photo's.

Don't lets forget most things can easily be found on Google where most topics have already been covered.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by KaRcop View Post
              Sounds good! Almost like a forum wiki
              It needs to be better than any Wiki. You need to make sure the people replying know what they are saying is correct, so you will be limiting the people able to reply.

As there is nothing worse than getting the wrong information on how to repair something.

It also needs someone with a very techical ability to vet and as and when required remove missleading information.

What about just plain and simple..Advanced techincal.. Any spaming is just removed by a mod.
              Gun tech.

Comment

Could realy do with experienced dedicated techs for each system E.G AEG, GBB and spring.
                But even then theres going to be things said tech cant solve i suppose.

But on the flipside whos to say what info is right and whats wrong?

Comment

I was thinking closer to the sides of general upkeep and upgrade, intense guides on shimming, upgrades and maintenance, things that can be done wrong. But a guide would be right, i mean how many ways are there to change a spring? Many ways to do it wrong, a few ways to get it right. if you catch my drift?

This would stop many threads that i have seen asking 'How to downgrade' and 'how would i upgrade' or 'how do i increase the range'
                  Signature Removed

Comment

I think i do.

Eg
                    A guide for spring change on a V2 gearbox written by a respected tech, but then closed to stop every man and his dog slating the type of threadlock said tech uses.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                      I think i do.

Eg
                      A guide for spring change on a V2 gearbox written by a respected tech, but then closed to stop every man and his dog slating the type of threadlock said tech uses.
                      lol....oops...

CLOSED

Awwww, you guys got me all excited there for a minute. I was thinking you wanted an advanced tech section....When all along you were talking of kindergarten.....Oh well.

I don't think it needs it really. Mechbox.com is all you need for that. If anyone does a new thread for a spring change, all they will be doing is copying someone elses. Most topics have been done hundreds of times.
                      Last edited by North West Outpost; 20 June, 2011, 15:14.
                      Gun tech.

Comment

i guess i missed that one then..
                        Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                          I don't think it needs it really. Mechbox.com is all you need for that. If anyone does a new thread for a spring change, all they will be doing is copying someone elses. Most topics have been done hundreds of times.
                          Exactly.

Where as a section for advanced upgrades etc that is left open would decend into chaos the very first time a gun self destructs as a result of the techs advice.

Thats why what we have already works well, if you want your Mopmod to drive your car, then Richardy steps in even on the slim chance he cant help there will be someone who can, but (just as an example) he may not have the first idea about the inner workings of a GBBR, so that falls to others to help out.
                          Its a community we all help each other.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Major just loving airsoft. Find out more about Major
                          Working...
                          X