Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Idea: Only Allow Sellers To Receive Feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea: Only Allow Sellers To Receive Feedback?

Very simple really....

I propose that feedback can only be left by buyers. The reason for this is two fold:

- Stops bad sellers hiding behind feedback they gained via buying.
    - Is it possible to be a bad buyer? You either pay, or don't?!

What you think?
    Yes - And backdate to remove old feedback gained when buyer too.
    17.14%
    Yes - But only from now on.
    15.71%
    No.
    67.14%

The poll is expired.

Re: Idea: Only Allow Sellers To Leave Feedback?

then as a buyer who pays and receives nothing or not what described/paid for, they get a right to reply? there is dodgy sellers too, as much as buyers.

NEXT :p

Comment

Buggered up the title, lol....

Only allow sellers to RECEIVE feedback

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
        Buggered up the title, lol....

Only allow sellers to RECEIVE feedback

But there is bad buyers, both sides need addressing, I can't see any method of policing sales on here working except good old Caveat Emptor, check who you are buying from/selling too always pay the PP fees yourself as the seller to ensure you have some cover atleast, and know if something does go wrong "we told you so" is about as much help as you'll get

Comment

How can you be a bad buyer. If you pay, your job is done. If you don't, then you just an interested party.

Comment

How can you be a bad buyer. If you pay, your job is done. If you don't, then you just an interested party.
            Let's say they pay and then make false Paypal claims. They've may have paid the money in full and on time but that doesn't always mean that the buyer is genuine. It seems that some buyers on this site buy something, make a false claim on a lie that 'the item didn't arrive intact' or 'wasn't as described' and then wangle their money back- just like they knew they weren't going to be out of pocket.

If anything negative happens after the exchange of goods, this should also be reflected in the feedback, so I think the idea is flawed.

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
            Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

- Stops bad sellers hiding behind feedback they gained via buying.
              Surely thats the reason for the left from buyer/left from sellers tabs on peoples feedback so you can see if its from them buying or selling.
              Armoury:
              WE M4
              TM VSR
              TM PX4

http://www.urban6airsoft.com/

Comment

Both parties shoud have equal rights. If admins change the fb scoring system. for example 2points for selling and 0.5 for buying or something.(another silly idea).

Once I had a "buyer" who was willing to buy an item but without any accessories. So, we negotiated the price (about 30% off the original price) and almost had a deal. I started to sell the accessories with a discount as I needed them to go asap. So after a few days he changes his mind and asks for another 15% off the price.

Many times when I leave feedback (as a seller or buyer) I don't recieve anything back. Even after contacting them. A bit dissapointing really. Would be great if when you leave a fb to someone the system asks them to leave fb back, if they refuse the system would put it anyway ( the same score if negative , negative back etc.)

Comment

the way i see its only creating more work for the mods. There will alway be some form of loop hole for bad sellers to get through no matter what you do
                  sigpic

Comment

Leave it as it is,just be honest with the feedaback,don't be blackmailed or threatened by bad sellers I'm sure the mods will remove unwarranted feedback as we have seen recently I believe.. I did it but the seller was able to give me neutral..and backed by a lot of posters IIRC...:D

Comment

i see what you're getting at....easy for someone to build up a good feedback score as a buyer, but then be a terrible seller

however, as 'wargasm monkey' mentioned, that's why there's the tabs to differentiate the feedback
                      h e y d r i c h
                      L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

Originally posted by Para3 View Post
                        the way i see its only creating more work for the mods. There will alway be some form of loop hole for bad sellers to get through no matter what you do

I reckon it wouldn't cause them too much hassle, bad sellers/buyers only return because they get off with it, habitual bad traders remove their sales access, it takes 5 minutes to set up a no sales user group and lob them in there looking after the members interest and maybe instilling a bit of faith in the forum which is lacking at the moment and sales are a forums heart IMO.

Comment

Re: Idea: Only Allow Sellers To Receive Feedback?

I'm not for it...

But I can tell you that the option is available in Itrader, so it could be possible.

James - title renamed.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Don't see the need when you can see which feedback comes from buying / selling already.
                            G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Cheers Gaffa

Maybe not remove the feedback as a buyer, but just have the seller one showing next to usernames on posts.

Basically making it much easier when buying, comparing like with like. I'd rather buy from somebody with 20 total which are half buying, half selling. Rather than somebody with 30, but has never sold a thing before.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                              Working...
                              X