Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for Forum Competition

As above (and lets keep this clean!)

On an old car forum I used to be a member of, we used to run a competition, once a year, called "Mr & Mrs <Insert Forum Name Here along with year> ". Basically a hottie competition, and people could only submit 3 photos.

2 threads would run, guys pics on one thread and girls on another, and users could only place 1 vote in each thread, and it couldnt be themselves.

The photos had to be submitted to a Mod for them to clear as appropriate, and then the mod would post all the photos into the threads, and start the poll once the submission date had passed. Voting would run for approx 2 weeks.

It was generally all in good humour, and there were plenty of creative photos. There was no restriction apart from you couldn't be naked, and it had to be you.

The prize, a tag under your username saying something like "Mr ZeroIn 2011" and bragging rights.

Thoughts?
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Re: Suggestion for Forum Competition

Unfortunately due to the ratio of guys to gals on this forum...me thinks the girls photo thread may me slightly empty ? Also who wants to see my six pack anyway....when its relaxed during the summer...
    sigpic

You're funny....I'm Gonna Kill You Last
    Originally posted by Kagedwolf
    I suppose your catchphrase would be "HEIL HITLER!"?
    Originally posted by Major
    well i doubt it comes under any copyright infringement!

Comment

Could be a possibility however the problem could well be that on here most users do not show their faces in pictures (they wear masks etc). That and most of the population of the forum are male.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I'm happy to get me mug out and smile, say £1 to enter and all proceeds to charity?

...I think I could convince a girl on here to submit... even if I can't, I bet Bill and Oneshot would wear a dress for the team
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Half the forum users may explode if they see a picture of a girl
          JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by N_Scooby View Post
            Half the forum users may explode if they see a picture of a girl
            Should they ever find Google Image Search there will be Airsofter residue everywhere!
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Girls? Where!!

Comment

Can we keep this on topic guys

Does everyone think the competition is a feasible idea (and could run annually)? And MODS, when would a decision be made if one is made?
                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

I'm an ugly sod, so I would never win

Comment

Originally posted by Bleh View Post
                    I'm an ugly sod, so I would never win
                    Not necessarily. I had one guy win because he was the only dad to post a pic of him carrying his newborn baby, he won on the cute factor, and there were a lot of single mums!

Maybe submit a pick with you and some Magpul rubbish and you are bound to get votes!
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Rather than making it about how attractive the person is how about making it about loadouts and guns. So we could Mr or Miss Loadout (not both or the girls competition would be far too easy) and maybe Mr or Miss Gun! Makes it much more forum specific.
                      Could be based on anything, a nice sniper rifle with a lovely camo job, a pimped pistol etc etc. Loaoduts could be modern or ww2 or anything.
                      I like the overall idea
                      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                      I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post
                        Rather than making it about how attractive the person is how about making it about loadouts and guns. So we could Mr or Miss Loadout (not both or the girls competition would be far too easy) and maybe Mr or Miss Gun! Makes it much more forum specific.
                        Could be based on anything, a nice sniper rifle with a lovely camo job, a pimped pistol etc etc. Loaoduts could be modern or ww2 or anything.
                        I like the overall idea
                        Bravo Roxy, this is a good idea, the other just sounded like a sausage fest.... a huge german suasage fest...

You'd have to use 'justgiving' or something to keep the money side legit.

But will the mods want the extra work? .....
                        Originally posted by Bluegill
                        5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Only going from past experience on this one guys, its not that I have a secret love of Sausage!

I am happy to administer all this if the Mods fancy a break.

P.S. Roxy likes the Bravo!
                          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Thank your luck stars purcy is on the naughty step...

Comment

Damn I though I was going to get a chance to wear a dress :/ but I think the loadout competition would be fun, although maybe its muscling out the little guy who doesn't own all the gear?
                              Last edited by BringOnThunder; 31 August, 2011, 22:44.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crasstoe Chris, 23, White, Male, 5'7 Find out more about crasstoe
                              Working...
                              X