Sold Action...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold Action...

Its not a massive deal and its probably been discussed at some point before. I dont tend to read back on the feedback threads so IDK how much it has been discussed.

I was wondering if there was a way we could make it crystal clear that an item is sold?

The reasons behind this are as follows:
    I sold an M14 SOPMOD a few weeks back and for some reason last week I had several PMs asking me if I wanted to sell it or swap it for x & y. Now the threads were all closed down however because of the 3 day bump rule I couldnt post "Sold ect. ect. ect." Which makes me think the lack of notification that its sold leads people to believe its still available.

Personally, I dont bother reading closed threads but obviously some people must be reading them and thinking "hes not stated its sold".
    I dont know how it would be implemented as I dont know what the MODS could do about it. But I thought it might be something for Rampage or the other mods to think about =)
    Kiran Payne
    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Re: Sold Action...

I think some work is moving towards this in the background and there may be a way to do this. A while back I saw a post marked with a [ Sold ] prefix and it is there in the search options.

I am not sure how to do this and as no one else is using it would guess that most users do not even know about it!

Comment

Edit the picture with a big SOLD across it....works every time :D

Comment

I don't bother reading closed threads most of the time either...

The thing is, is a closed sales thread where an item is sold, no longer available - or is it simply closed because the user wanted to re-do it.

Simply closing a thread, in my eyes, is far from sufficient to denote items are sold - a written statement should also be provided.

Super Moderators, Moderators and Assistants can edit threads upon request to add "sold" to the thread, as I've done on several occasions. The "sold" prefix could also be added/ added in place.

Some people have used the report function in order to get our attention of closing a thread, however, reports are only really supposed to report problems. However, I'm sure that the team wouldn't mind reports about sold requests.
        <Insert official word on this here>

Alternatively, a quick PM is all that it takes.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          Indeed this does seem the best ways of marking the item as sold and making it known to everyone. However some people struggle to even put a picture up or dont see the point of posting a picture.
          Also some people just use the forum attachment option rather that an external picture host / their own webspace.

The seller currently can lock the thread - this does not seem to be seen by everyone (especially when scouring the forum on a phone )
          When a seller locks the thread could it not be locked from another user being able to access the thread? obviously with the exception of mods and the seller?
          . .

Comment

Sales threads cannot be locked by "any" individual, unless they are the "owner" of the thread.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
              Simply closing a thread, in my eyes, is far from sufficient to denote items are sold - a written statement should also be provided.
              Alternatively, a quick PM is all that it takes.
              I agree, I view a closed thread as either "sold" or "finished" so there is no need to view it. But some people still must have read the thread and not taken the hint.
              Im not sure if I put it in the original post but I dont mind sending a quick PM, it just got me thinking. I would image though there are members on this forum who have got upset or angry over far smaller things =P

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
              I didnt think of this =) However, how would you do it using the forum imagehosting?
              Kiran Payne
              TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil

sigpic

Comment

If i come across a sold item that has not been sold, i will simply edit the thread with SOLD at the top of the page.
                i-ache : free gift from apple that arrives the next day when you play/marshal at airsoft.

Originally posted by Fizzy
                He's well and truly taking the pith!
                Originally posted by aribos
                You'll scream for rampage, you kinky git!

Comment

Oh fair enough =)
                  Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

allow edit of the title so you could put sold on it if poss? your right i get it quite often on things from bloody yonks ago. if a SOLD could be put in the title it might stop people clicking on it

Comment

Originally posted by BALBOSA View Post
                      allow edit of the title so you could put sold on it if poss? your right i get it quite often on things from bloody yonks ago. if a SOLD could be put in the title it might stop people clicking on it
                      will do so in future... just don't expect it in bright red letters
                      i-ache : free gift from apple that arrives the next day when you play/marshal at airsoft.

Originally posted by Fizzy
                      He's well and truly taking the pith!
                      Originally posted by aribos
                      You'll scream for rampage, you kinky git!

Comment

Originally posted by stealth View Post
                        will do so in future... just don't expect it in bright red letters
                        DAMN!

thanks budski

Comment

I want RED letters!
                          Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bachelarius View Post
                            I think some work is moving towards this in the background and there may be a way to do this. A while back I saw a post marked with a [ Sold ] prefix and it is there in the search options.

I am not sure how to do this and as no one else is using it would guess that most users do not even know about it!
                            I think that was one of mine.
                            Non of the minion mods were about so i asked Rampage, it was him that put it in the title, that i thought was a cracking way of doing it as there can be no mistake as to the items status.

I agree with users not being able to edit the thread as a whole, but just being able to edit the title itself, if possible would be a cracking idea.

Comment

Is it possible to have an auto post that get's added when the owner closes the thread (i.e. when I click on close, a post get's automatically added to say Sold, or SOLD get's automatically added to the title/post)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

S3V3R Marshalled at ZED Adventures The Mall (RIP). I build ships (proper ones) and I shoot guns (toy ones). Find out more about S3V3R
                              Working...
                              X