X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dead thread removal

right am i the only one here who is noticing this

What i mean, Threads that have not been bumped for 2weeks or more still left open,

why not close them and pm the OP saying until you reply saying still needed it will be closed,

had enough of pm'in people with open threads and have not said sourced one or now sorted,

Re: dead thread removal

bloody hell, being a mod is going to become a full time job soon with all these requests.

Comment

Originally posted by 101stairborne-506 View Post
      bloody hell, being a mod is going to become a full time job soon with all these requests.
      or the people who are mods can do MORE work instead of becoming full time ...

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
        or the people who are mods can do MORE work instead of becoming full time ...
        I'd rather you waste your time PMing them, than my moderators wasting time PMing everyone with an old open thread.

I would rather you complained that the users need to start paying attention to their sales and realised they can close their own threads for a reason

Needless to say, old threads are removed every so often by myself (over 31 days with no posts) in the classifieds. Steve used to do it as part of his daily routine, and I don't usually have that much time to prune the threads.

Comment

no old posts have been shut as there are many older then a month still open
          Last edited by Rampage; 11 September, 2011, 20:25.

Comment

no old posts have been shut as there are many older then a month still open

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
            Needless to say, old threads are removed every so often by myself (over 31 days with no posts) in the classifieds.
            I remove them when I have the time to.

As I said, if users could remember they have threads listed and that they need to close them when a sale is complete it would help the situation.

Comment

rampage, not going at you .

but since the new thread tools have come into play, all the new people who join dont know about them,

fair play you made a thread about them, but this gets pushed down numerous pages due to the ammount of new members and trolling threads "am bestest " etc

so they are still thinking "please close " is sorted by mods, and when someone writes on the thread explaining how to close threads, as its quicker then PMing they get warned for it, my opinion ........................ oh wait freedom of speech is ALLOWED isn't it

Comment

so they are still thinking "please close " is sorted by mods, and when someone writes on the thread explaining how to close threads, as its quicker then PMing they get warned for it....

This is one of the reasons you can no longer reply to thread in the classifieds (bar wanteds or non airsoft) so that users don't get warnings because they haven't read the rules. Thus a happier forum because you aren't all complaining that you are being given infractions (when you mean notifications) for posting in the classifieds

The point still remains as the initial feedback suggestion, yes old threads are removed as and when I am able (if does take a little while to mass move them), and any threads that aren't locked upon sale are not our problem. There is a line of text above the classifieds that reads "Please close your thread when the sale is complete." I can't make it more clearer than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post

The point still remains as the initial feedback suggestion, yes old threads are removed as and when I am able (if does take a little while to mass move them), and any threads that aren't locked upon sale are not our problem. There is a line of text above the classifieds that reads "Please close your thread when the sale is complete." I can't make it more clearer than that.
                  hang on fixing a few lines,

a, it is your problem as you changed the settings to allow us to close threads, and it ran smoother on the old system when the mods actually worked as they were ment to ...

B, you cant make it more clear then that, because of the ammount of crap banners and headers on the forum blocks everything and draws attention away from things....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

guard-sniper87 Find out more about guard-sniper87
                  Working...
                  X