Renaming Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renaming Threads

Am I the only one who feels this would be a good idea?

I know the MODS have the power to do this but what about passing this onto the THREAD MAKER?

I have tried multiple times by changing the SUBJECT when editing a post or replying but this does not work.

I have had a few occasions where I have wanted to change the name of threads (some on initial post, some during the edit window, some weeks after the thread has started)and when I actually made a request to the MODS I was told to report my own thread, I did this and then nothing came of it. If the thread maker (in the case myself) could rename the thread from the start, this would mean that the Mods would not have been contacted, and not have had a report filed, saving moderators time.

Not having a moan but I feel if I give a reason why this would be a good idea I feel there is more chance of it being considered worthy of discussion.

Thoughts?
    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Re: Renaming Threads

Agreed. I think it'd also be a good idea to be able to delete your own posts and not have an editing time but they're just a couple of my thoughts. Don't mean to jack the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Joefuski View Post
      Agreed. I think it'd also be a good idea to be able to delete your own posts and not have an editing time but they're just a couple of my thoughts. Don't mean to jack the thread.
      The trouble with no Edit Window or Deleting Posts is people just edit or delete if they are proved wrong, or something is offensive. In most cases it just breaks up the threads.
      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Touché.

It is a pain however, there has been multiple times where I've used my giant thumbs on my phone and not realised what I've done till I get onto the laptop!

Still would indeed by nice to see the ability to change thread names. Surely it'd benifit the MODs too

Comment

Thread Title: Who wants a free gun?
          Replies: Yes x20

Might change the title now to "Who loves willy?" :D

A silly example - but you can see how this might be abused. Expecially in sales threads.

Comment

There has to be a certain level of trust with forum users, who is saying that the content of a thread is going to match the title anyway? So that level of trust already exists.

Maybe something like a user can update the name of the thread but this flags to a Mod and they can revert the change if they feel it isn't in keeping with the thread?

Bear in mind this is only the thread creator and not ALL posters.
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Would be good if you are posting a wanted thread but you later want to add something else without having to make another thread.

Comment

Agree with a lot of this, I spent some time setting up a thread and pressed the wrong button and it was half done, was a pain as had to go to a mod and get him to delete it (was easier to start again)
                sigpic

Comment

The reason it has been set is so we can have concrete proof should a forum post ever need to be used in a scamming case for one thing. If we remove it they cannot edit the post or change the thread title to say they sold the gun as broken if they listed it as fully working.

Also stops people renaming a sales thread from something like ares or tm to jg or cyma etc etc

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Originally posted by aribos View Post
                    The reason it has been set is so we can have concrete proof should a forum post ever need to be used in a scamming case for one thing. If we remove it they cannot edit the post or change the thread title to say they sold the gun as broken if they listed it as fully working.

Also stops people renaming a sales thread from something like ares or tm to jg or cyma etc etc

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
                    does that include non-sales threads? I get why the sales thread can't be renamed but why not normal, general discussion threads for example?
                    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post
                      does that include non-sales threads? I get why the sales thread can't be renamed but why not normal, general discussion threads for example?
                      Unfortunately its one of those settings where its all or none and we need it on the sales threads.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crasstoe Chris, 23, White, Male, 5'7 Find out more about crasstoe
                      Working...
                      X