a suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a suggestion

Guys noticed earlier an 'offending' thread had been removed because it mentioned a rival shop.

Can I suggest that threads in future just have the particular bit redacted rather than totally removing the thread?

It would be interesting to hear what others have to say on the subject - just think it might reduce the loss of potentially helpful info otherwise and pointers to earlier threads etc - also makes the poster aware of 'what was wrong' etc

it could have a marking - to say modded by ?????? for breach of rule ???? or whatever the mods want - seems a more educational way of modding maybe?

Re: a suggestion

It won't happen mate

Due to this site only wanting us to deal with zero 1

And nearly none of us want to.....

So we just say hk shops of shops in Scotland etc

No names due to not breaching no rules

Also the mods won't do that type of monitoring as it's too much work for them lol
    Many will agree with your views mate but not the mods or admin etc...

Comment

just thought a 'tread lightly' approach would be more welcoming to newer forum members etc rather than a 'jack-boot-esqe' one as it where - ok, trying to apply common sense where none might exist maybe? (or be too difficult to exist)

Comment

I understand where you're coming from on that point Yosser, as a guy posted earlier, asking an opinion, but had unfortunately mentioned another retailer. I agree, that the "Offending link/mention" could just be edited from the post and the member ticked off for not appraising themselves of the rules. Though, as the forum stands at the moment, I'd imagine the team admin/modding will have more to think about than editing posts and deletion of the thread may have been the easier option?
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by yosser View Post
          just thought a 'tread lightly' approach would be more welcoming to newer forum members etc rather than a 'jack-boot-esqe' one as it where - ok, trying to apply common sense where none might exist maybe? (or be too difficult to exist)
          All of which will never happen mate, due to the mods and admin saying it's either their way or the high way,
          So grin and bear it mate until they over step the line and the step up via Pm or thread,

But I will say they will censor nearly all truth that points out the problems about staff and systems or about anything forum related!

So best just ignore it unless it's your thread,

Comment

The ruling is that if a thread starter mentions a retailer/ shop that offers same or similar products/ shop that offers services/ whatever, then that entire thread is removed, with either a notification or an infraction being sent depending on the circumstances (previous rule breaks/ new user so blatantly hasn't read rules, etc).

If a post mentions a retailer (etc), then that post will simply be removed.

This stance isn't likely to change. Sorry guys!

And Guard - please mate *in the nicest way possible* leave out bashing forum or shop staff - if we're this unbearable then it's a surprise as to why you've stayed! Hehe.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

i totally understand the reason for removal of some threads but surely some just need a bit of redaction rather than deletion (and the bit can say REMOVED BY ORDER/MOD etc)- sometimes maybe its a little too easy to just delete a thread and maybe loose some stuff (this is not a critisism by the way) - just a discussion on the merits of if this can be done (before a mod bites) - hmm take your point though sniper

Comment

post crossed with yours gaffa - thanks for the clarification on the actual rules, bit harsh in some circumstances though - and maybe not newbie friendly?

Comment

If a newbie did a thread with a retailers link involved and its get taken down, he will have to do another one without said link. Therefore next time he does another thread, he will know not to link a retailer as it will get removed. Now lets say the link is just removed then there is much more chance the user will create another thread afterwards which will involve a link as it won't harm him because it will either be seen or removed.

Hope that made sense.
                  "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

The moral of the story... read the rules

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                    X