Auctions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auctions?

Auctions on the main page, What this all about then?

Re: Auctions?

i guess its something they will be adding. kinda like the airsoft version of Ebay. i think it would be rather good tbh.
    sigpic
    BlackWing Mercenaries
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001675142920

Comment

Aslong as they keep the forum sales forums open

Comment

meh can't see it being popular - but then maybe peeps getting rid of crap might be useful!

Comment

It will props replace the Classifieds and where can sell guns second hand.
          I feel this site will never stop getting better.

Comment

Id like the auctions option as well as classifieds, ebay gives both options too. Seems good though!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
              Id like the auctions option as well as classifieds, ebay gives both options too. Seems good though!
              Also against eBay rules to sell IFs/RIFs, whole or in parts. Accessories and parts are okay, just not the whole thing very obviously broken up.

However if you are referring to the feature in eBay, then yes I agree, very good!
              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

I think it'll be good. It will allow the forum to grow!
                sigpic

Comment

I can see problems when people without a defence win RIF's in auctions!
                  JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

Originally posted by N_Scooby View Post
                    I can see problems when people without a defence win RIF's in auctions!
                    Make it so only those with a UKARA number can buy items from the RIFs section? I know this doesn't check if their nuimber is Valid or Out of Date but it means that the forum owners shift the responsibility to the seller to check that the ref number is in fact valid.
                    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Unless there is some proper moderation in place it could become a bit of a joke. Will there be enforcement on sellers/buyers to commit?

I can antipate a lot of "Sorry, don't want it now" and "Didn't sell for enough" kind of people?

Comment

Do we know when we might to be able to use this?

Comment

Auctions would be excellent, plus hopefully they might usher in a bit more 'safety' to buying online.
                          https://shortoncontent.wordpress.com/

Comment

There will be quite a few issues with auctions though, firstly people having multiple accounts and creating bidding wars, people not purchasing even if they won, no defence to purchase if they win. These are just a few and i bet there are lots more. It will have to be thought out well...
                            "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

While im not saying its redundant to have a 'for sale' section and an auction site for zeroin, what is wrong with the current system?

It currently works on a first come, first serve kind of system now, which is fine. Just means that if you miss a particularly good deal, you should have paid closer attention to the forum. Makes it less of a 'who can throw more money at the seller' battle.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JBall Find out more about JBall
                              Working...
                              X