Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero One Newsletter

Just got the Zero One newsletter today.

We at Zero One are firmly committed to respecting your privacy. We hate junk email just as much as you do! We will never share your email address with any third party - ever. A condition of your forum membership is that we may, from time to time, email you directly with our products or services that we think may be of interest to you. You can stop our emails at any time by closing your forum account (although we hope that you don't!).
    Firstly, can someone point me to where this condition is stated here? If I did in fact agree to this then fair enough.

However, secondly, as the email is (in my case) being sent to a personal email address (not a business one) the practice of not allowing me to opt out of the email list is at best; bad practice, at worst; illegal.

Re: Zero One Newsletter

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    Just got the Zero One newsletter today.

Firstly, can someone point me to where this condition is stated here? If I did in fact agree to this then fair enough.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/faq.php?f...email_products
    Faq - General Forum - Registration - Emailing You
    Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
      However, secondly, as the email is (in my case) being sent to a personal email address (not a business one) the practice of not allowing me to opt out of the email list is at best; bad practice, at worst; illegal.
      You can opt-out of the email at any time Panoptes by closing your forum account, as it says.
      Dan

Comment

Is the condition mentioned to people on signing up to the forum? I don't recall seeing it. If it isn't, it should be.

Comment

I thought the same also?

That appears to be a recent addition to terms and conditions to me, as I certainly don't recall reading that and I always read the terms and conditions before "Signing up" to anything. Virtually, or otherwise.
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

My point is; I don't want the newsletter - and I should be able to opt out without having to close my account here.

Comment

Valid point Pan'

As I say, I think it's a recent change to the T's&C's, so are you obligated to recieve them?
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Technically, we could be 'obligated' to receive them (awaiting proof of that) but Zero One should do the right thing and allow opt-out (like the rest of the e-commerce world)...

Comment

Tho zero ones view will simply be that the forum is funded by them blah blah and that its only fair that to use it you must receive mail from them or such.
                  Easy solution is to mark it as spam in your e-mail filter and you need never worry about it again :-)
                  Though I'm sure legally that to change T&C they must give written notice and a notice period of at least I think 2weeks(?) before changes. Though legally your choices then are to either agree to new T&C, either by written or continuation, or if you don't agree then the option to stop using there services with no charge, thus leave the forum in this case.
                  So by my understanding that makes any legal changes kinda mute really with the exception that they failed to inform you in advance and just used your e-mail address. Apart from a moral point there is pretty much you can do about it anyhow, maybe get a sorry for that now either agree and stay or not agree and bugger off, lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                  Working...
                  X