Editing threads....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing threads....

In classifieds, it says I am allowed to edit my own threads....
    But I cannot, and I cannot 'bump' my own threads....

I can understand the reasons why but...

What if I need to edit a thread say for instance....

I forgot a detail or needed to add a picture after post was live (say someone asks for a specific picture and I think other folk would like it)
    OR
    If I am selling multiple wee bits and I sell one quickly, I cannot mark one item as sold....

I PM'ed some mods about it but have heard nothing

Could you have a 'pending approval' for editing/posting on for sale threads, so that folk could not 'bump' as it will be checked but also folk can if needed change/add to the thread legitimately?

Re: Editing threads....

this has been brought up a lot. They won't allow it as untrustworthy users may say originally in a sale thread "working perfectly". Then they sell the gun. Then they change the dscription to "misfiring" or something similar.
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

And as far as PMing the mods is concerned (speaking as an ex-mod), don't forget they have lives too. It's quite possible that the mod you sent the message to hasn't been able to reply yet due to work/family/real life commitments.

Also, did you PM a mod who actually looks after the classifieds? If not, they won't be able to help you and the message will have to be passed on to another mod creating a longer delay.
      sigpic

Comment

yes I did PM the mods who look after the classifieds, and I understand the 'they have lives' bit, I was only mentioning it to stop the 'PM the MODS then' replies which would have been inevitable.....

And yes I know about untrustworthy folk, thats why I asked about the 'pending approval' part of editing threads, so big changes are denied but small changes like 'Oh I found an extra mag to go in the deal' or something can be allowed....

Comment

Originally posted by madmikefalkirk View Post
          yes I did PM the mods who look after the classifieds, and I understand the 'they have lives' bit, I was only mentioning it to stop the 'PM the MODS then' replies which would have been inevitable.....
          That's the problem. Point it out to you and you realise, don't point it out and you might not have thought about it. Oh well!

Originally posted by madmikefalkirk View Post
          And yes I know about untrustworthy folk, thats why I asked about the 'pending approval' part of editing threads, so big changes are denied but small changes like 'Oh I found an extra mag to go in the deal' or something can be allowed....
          That just increases the mods work more than asking for users to PM any changes. If they have to PM they tend to do it a lot less than if they can do it themselves.

The extra mag example would be perfectly OK and a mod would add that wihout any problems. Allow you to add it yourself and it just creates an extra bump to the thread and people were leaving things out just so they could do this.
          sigpic

Comment

Replied matey.

Bumps of any kind - ie simply the word "Bump" or "Price drop" or you can add information "Pictures here..." which automatically bumps the thread, is acceptable after you've waited 3 days following the last post on the thread.

Just PM a Classifieds Assistant or Moderator and we can add the information in the threads for you, like I've just done for your V3 Gearbox shell. For a full list of forum assistants and administrative team, click me!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

madmikefalkirk Airsoft Junkie. Find out more about madmikefalkirk
            Working...
            X