Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Posting replies to Classified listings has been disabled Thanks '

Hi All,
    Any ideas why im getting this message when I try to post a comment in a sales thread for example. Am I missing something or have i not reached a certain level in the forums yet?

Cheers
    sigpic

Re: 'Posting replies to Classified listings has been disabled Thanks '

You can't bump anyone else's sales thread. Questions that would probably help everyone can't be posted - it's also impossible to update your own threads (sometimes that's very important).

Comment

You need to prestige before you can do that
      sigpic

Comment

ahh Prestige, now I know. Thanks guys...think im getting a little mixed up with another forum I use that allows other to reach sellers though the classifieds thread as well as PM's.

Cheers
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sonicninja View Post
          ahh Prestige, now I know. Thanks guys...think im getting a little mixed up with another forum I use that allows other to reach sellers though the classifieds thread as well as PM's.

Cheers
          Joe is being sarcastic. Its a COD joke. There is no "Prestige" or levelling, just ranks on how many posts you have made (which is meaningless really). You can't bump any one else's classified thread as someone else stated. You can also only post replies as bumps on your own thread every three days and you can't edit your original post after a grace period of a few minutes. If you have a question about a seller's item private message them. If you need to make an amend to your post, wait until the three days are up and post a reply, or if its really drastic close the thread and open a new one (I would advise not doing so if possible so as not to clog the classifieds up).

EDIT

For future reference, questions like this are better placed in Forum Feedback than General Airsoft Discussion ;-)
          Last edited by Kensai; 6 November, 2011, 13:50. Reason: Additional Info
          For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
          Check out my other sales!

Comment

sorry, i knew that....my reply wasnt sarcastic enough. I was going to post in feedback but didnt really class this as feeback, ill do that in future.

Cheers
            sigpic

Comment

no mate, the whole aim of sales on this forum is to make them and just forget about them as it what they think we need to do and not be able to keep them alive etc etc

and yes other forums do let you mate bump and edit OUR OWN SALES THREADS, and works brilliant for it,

Comment

Originally posted by sonicninja View Post
                sorry, i knew that....my reply wasnt sarcastic enough. I was going to post in feedback but didnt really class this as feeback, ill do that in future.

Cheers
                LOL ok sorry sarcasm is hard to detect online :D
                For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                Check out my other sales!

Comment

So you can no longer bump them after 3 days? News to me.

Editing threads... Well put it this way: considering an item that is completely knackered can be sold in "perfect" condition, posted to buyer, then the original user edits their thread to state "item knackered".

If everyone in the world could trust one another, we'd have no problems allowing users to edit their threads.

There is a 10 minute editing window to change things, or add things that you may have forgotten to mention. Honestly guys, if you are so quick to slate the classifieds system, then why use it!? There are rules for everything in life. If I don't like the proposal of working for £6 per hour, I won't take the job, simples.

Squeak.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

i have to argee with gaffa about editing threads, but if you could post on other peoples sales threads it would stop scammers selling the same item to more than one person! Also would give a clear indication when am item has been sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post

Honestly guys, if you are so quick to slate the classifieds system, then why use it!? There are rules for everything in life. If I don't like the proposal of working for £6 per hour, I won't take the job, simples.

Squeak.
                      I'm afraid I only half agree with you, I loathe facebook and its hypocritical BS about it's new privacy however it's where all my friends contact one another so I have to use it to keep up on the banter and talk to friends in distant lands.

however I agree that people shouldn't bitch about the forum, the forum is free and relatively small, facebook is large and making a f*ckton of money off us so moaning about it is 100% fine

but i think that the inability to post in classifieds or to edit post is no skin off anyone's nose I don't see the problem with it.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyhal View Post
                        i have to argee with gaffa about editing threads, but if you could post on other peoples sales threads it would stop scammers selling the same item to more than one person! Also would give a clear indication when am item has been sold!
                        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...6-Mark-as-SOLD

Can't get more clearer than that...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sonicninja Find out more about sonicninja
                        Working...
                        X