DPA + Other Answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPA + Other Answers

I will start by apologising, this post may get a bit sidetracked at times but I shall do my best to hopefully resolve questions and 'problems' that have appeared in the last couple of days.

This forum holds no information about you as an individual. The most personal information that it holds is your email address, and unless you tick the box in your User CP to allow members to see it, that will be hidden, even to Moderators. The only people who can see your email addresses are the Super Moderators and the Admins. I will however still look into the claim that Moderators can access your emails.

Neither myself, nor any of the Moderating team should be giving out any information held on this forum, to anyone. FULL STOP. If there are criminal proceedings regarding anyone on this forum and information from this forum is required, it must be obtained via the owner, Zero One Airsoft.

None of the moderating team have access to your PMs, however if the user that received them reports it, then they all do.

The 'Lost Souls' section of the forum is not there for you to pass on information to other users without permission. It is there for you to contact the lost person on the users behalf. Either to obtain permission to pass on contact information, or to re-spark already established means of contact. In some cases to inform users as to why a user hasn't been around (I know a few squadies names have come up in the past)

Joe90, to address your IP query. IP banning is done server side, not forum side (I can not currently ban IPs, not that it works in the UK). It works by simply stopping that IP from accessing any part of the server. From your IP anyone can work out what ISP you use, and where that ISP is based (Mine's in Hertford). Only the Moderating team can view your IP address.

Your U.K.A.R.A Number field is not mandatory, I was asked for it, I thought it was a good idea, so I added the field. From your UKARA number you can't obtain anything, nout, nadda, nill. The only people who have access to the UKARA database are the retailers & skirmish sites, and even then I don't know how much of that info they can see. They are all abiding by the DPA anyway (at least they should be). The UKARA scheme works by not giving out information, you simply confirm the details you have correspond to the person who is on the database, and thus allowed to obtain a R.I.F. That's enough on the UKARA thing, I think if I see UKARA mentioned again I'm going to scream... ARGGG!! I Just read UKARA, ARGG!!!

I think that's everything from that thread covered, now to the other one.

It has been said many times, Zero One own the forum, they are free to put any conditions on it they like, not discussing/linking to other retailers is one of them.

Regarding everything always being deleted when it's criticizing Zero One. Most of the time the people who complain about them are doing so simply because they want to gripe, this is clear because they don't add any thing to the post/thread other than simply moaning. This, even regarding any other retailer (despite the main rule of ZeroIn) would be removed. It happens with Skirmish site threads as well, if you come here and moan about a skirmish site, saying it's parp because of this and that, it will more than likely end up in the bin. Why, because very few people want to read your parp. Constructive and well thought out threads however are in general, left. This is because they welcome polite debate, and not simply slander and hate mongering. You may not always see it, but a lot of threads are removed simply because they have ended up as rants. It is easier for a mod to remove the thread, than clean it up and the same thing to happen (and the first thing that usually happens is VAK demanding to know why his post was removed ) If any user does notice that a post they have made has been removed, and they haven't been notified and can't work out why, you can send a polite PM to a Moderator asking, and I am sure they would be happy to tell you.

Onto the rant threads then, um, what can I say, it's a perk of the job. Think of it as a none-uniform day. An evening every now and then where I (or any other Moderator) create a thread where users can let their hair down (if they have any) and not worry about the normal forum rules. They are usually a good laugh and everyone involved enjoys them. As for the drunken mod part, I am over 18, I am allowed to drink... >shrug<

If you do have any genuine concerns about the rant threads, please PM me, I will happily listen to them.

I hope I have covered everything, if not I am sure you'll let me know

Re: DPA + Other Answers

To be fair to you, you have pretty much covered it all there, so well done sir lol. Agreed you will not please everyone but explaining things like the above puts it in a better perspective than when things are done just because you or one of the other mod team have the power to do so.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: DPA + Other Answers

And if I can just add my support to one of Rampage's points.

I posted on the DPA thread that not even mods can see people's details, nor would they be given to other users and there was at least one user who basically called me a liar for it.

For the record; I got scammed earlier this year and, despite being part of the mod team at the time, I had no access to their email address or their PMs and when I asked if I could be given details I was told I couldn't have them.
      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rampage Have you ever stopped and thought about what your life revolves around? My life revolves around Airsoft Find out more about Rampage
      Working...
      X