This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I close my account?

In a recent email from Zero In I read "You can stop our emails at any time by closing your forum account" which I'd like to do, but on the account settings I can't find an option for it. I know this is dumb, but can anyone help me on how to do this?

Best,
    JW

Re: How do I close my account?

After 1 post ? LOL

Don't know what settings you have but I never receive any e-mails unless I get a PM????

Comment

It was a marketing email with some christmas sales, at the bottom it read:

A condition of your forum membership is that we may, from time to time, email you directly with our products or services that we think may be of interest to you. You can stop our emails at any time by closing your forum account (although we hope that you don't!).

Comment

yeah i got that to,
        AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Just chuck it in your spam folder if it bothers you that much.
          Or put the address into your blocked address list.

Comment

godo advice, thanks - although if anyone knows how i'm still curious too.

Comment

I suspect they'll calm down on the emails once xmas is done

Comment

Close your forum account means leave and delte your account i tthink
                sigpic

Comment

If nothing else and your determined then id drop Rampage or another mod a PM, if it can be done they are the best people to ask.

Comment

Zeroin/zeroone might want to check thats even legal...

You have the right to opt out of any mass marketing style emails... there should be an unsubscribe option at the bottom of the email... thats by law. I have opted out of HSBC marketing emails, but that doesnt mean I have to close my account to do so, they can still email me directly, but not with "one to all" style emails.

Unless the terms and conditions have changed for new users, there should be an "opt in box" to tick...

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
                      Zeroin/zeroone might want to check thats even legal...

You have the right to opt out of any mass marketing style emails... there should be an unsubscribe option at the bottom of the email... thats by law. I have opted out of HSBC marketing emails, but that doesnt mean I have to close my account to do so, they can still email me directly, but not with "one to all" style emails.

Unless the terms and conditions have changed for new users, there should be an "opt in box" to tick...
                      This has been discussed before. There is a line in the T's & C's saying you will get mail everynow and again. You agreed to the terms when you signed up. Simple.

Comment

You could always post something highly offensive (or just critical of zero one). They'll close the account for you pretty quickly.

[Joking, not suggesting, BTW]
                        sigpic

Comment

I have doubts this email marketing is legal. There's no mention of having your details used for email marketing on the form when you sign up nor is there a link to any T&Cs that state the same. Furthermore if you click on the link to the FAQ there's nothing there about email marketing, you have to search the FAQ to find anything about it.

You need prior consent before you can send email marketing and I think you'd find it difficult to argue that was obtained when the only way to find out that email addresses will be used in that way is by actively searching the FAQ section. I'd also imagine you'd find it nigh-on impossible to argue you obtained prior consent from people who registered before you added the information about using email addresses for marketing. You also need to be providing a valid address in every marketing email where people can send opt-out requests. And you need to stop sending marketing emails upon reciept of any request to opt out from them, you can't refuse on the basis that the individual hasn't closed their forum account. If they've made the request to opt out in writing you have to action it.
                          Last edited by Fil; 5 December, 2011, 23:19.

Comment

The question of legality aside, most professional companies allow opt-out as a gesture of good will. Most professional companies use an email marketing system like MailChimp or Aweber which specifically demand an option to opt out. To require the closure of a forum account is ridiculous. It may be legal but it stinks of 'amateur'... and it just makes Zero One look foolish.

Comment

Does it really matter? Its only an email as some said before just junk it once and then you wont have to. This is a free site we dont pay for it nor do most of us help out other than moaning like old women, come on guys theres better stuff to talk about than this, theres still that UKARA myth everyone likes discussing, stick to that lol.

Not having a pop or anything but it really just doesnt matter, yeah so the site isnt perfect but it could be alot lot lot lot worse.

Happy Hunting Chaps

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X