This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You have to be joking

As for feedback to the shop, well no point it just gets deleted without an acknowledgement that it will be raised or acknowledged once the shop is open again. Trading standards I'm sure will listen further.

I understand this is the forum feedback section, but with an employee on the mod team you would think anything being said that is possibly detrimental to the shop would get raised by this person, it also seems its a small number of the mod team that seems to be taking the KGB attitude of silencing all who shall question 'the man',
    Stalin is dead, get over it.
    Last edited by Gaffa; 27 December, 2011, 14:50. Reason: Cleaning
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

My rational thoughts on this matter are that the members views are completely worthless. As many have stated it's now obvious that this forum is officially linked to zero one, where as before it was tagged with "not affiliated with zero one". Needlessly deleting threads with useful information because the work doesn't want to be put in or because the moderators disagree with the contents (as long as the contents aren't offensive, graphic etc) is completely wrong and does nothing more than make it look like you'll get the same service from the store.

Now this is an affiliated forum things need to be managed better, there needs to be less bias and the moderation needs to be done in a detached and not a personal way. There seems to be some people who don't understand what moderation is:

Moderation on forums isn't outright control of what people post. It's monitoring what people post and issuing warnings/banning those who break the rules or are repeat offenders. Not outright deleting knowledge because you disagree with it in threads, or because you can't be bothered to edit it. It doesn't matter if you're volunteering to do it or not it's a job and if you want to do it you do it well. There still needs to be freedom of speech and knowledge is a resource.

On to the feedback section:

Now in honesty we have been perhaps a little crass in the way we get our points across however to outright delete our views and our points of what could be improved does the shop and the forum a disservice. There are obvious things that need to be tweaked and product descriptions would obviously bring more sales instead of outright handing over business to other competitors. Perhaps this is why you prohibit the chatter of other retailers and forums.

Hell I'd volunteer on helping putting descriptions on the items as I think the service and potential of the store and forum is huge. As others have said, other retailers have forums but they're not as big as this.

Comment

Hopefully the most constructive thing I'm doing today...

/Closed.

Reason: Its better not to continue arguing and rather let the owners see your concerns. No point adding more spam to (another) thread.

Also please remember guys you can't mention other forums now, posts have been edited or deleted to conform with this rule.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Snowdrop Find out more about Snowdrop
        Working...
        X