Classifieds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classifieds?

Sorry to bring this up again but can we get it that you have to have a post count or similar added??

Even more so with the influx of new members who post up sales threads and nothing else and the amount of scammers who seem to be targeting the forum.

Just a thought

Tony

Ask about joining the UNIT

Re: Classifieds???

something needs to be done about the scammers. That and the clowns who keep spamming threads

Comment

It's a fairly solid idea with one unfortunate big flaw. The people who are here just to sell (or scam) will simply post reams and reams of midless crap on every forum simply to get to the required post count.

As to scammers, I am going to try and get something in place to help the situation.

Comment

Another forum i use make it so you have to become an active member of the forum (the admins judge this), basically if you are not an active enough member of the forum you cannot gain access to the sales section for RIF's. They monitor new members who try to spam and warn/ban them accordingly.

This sort of system could be used here. With such a large moderation team that ZeroIn has IMO this should be able to be done with relative ease.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Indeed, I am in favour of allowing judgement as oppose to simply putting situations into the hands of strict regulations. We aren't robots and do have the ablility to assess and come to a decision as oppose to mindlessly enforcing rules.

Comment

Re: Classifieds?

Zero In : Airsoft Forums Statistics
            Threads: 18,645, Posts: 117,058, Members: 8,412, Active Members: 2,367

Would be impossible to grant users access on a case by case basis.

Comment

and again post count means nothing we have had users with high post counts who have become bad traders

Comment

Also you have new users like myself, new to airsoft with little or no posts. Was like a kid in a sweet shop when I got my UKARA but now need to re-home some items as I narrow down how I want my load out to be. I have 1000's of posts on other non airsoft forums with good trader feed back and a 100% ebay profile so you can't judge by post count alone.

Perhaps locking the sales to sellers with UKARA details only?

Comment

Originally posted by weekenny View Post
                  Perhaps locking the sales to sellers with UKARA details only?
                  We don't have access to the database. It's also argued that UKARA isn't required, as valid site membership & being over 18 should be enough.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

stealthy Find out more about stealthy
                  Working...
                  X