This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods Not Doing their jobs

Right first off i want to say this is not a dig at the mods for not moderating the forum.

The reason i want to do this is that i believe that the moderators are not sharing the workload equally.

In my viewing of the forums i notice that Sci-Fi Steve does the most moderating while other members of the team seem to sit on their laurels (spelling?) alot.

I wish to put forward the idea that if the mod's do not put in a certain number of hours a week that their privilages and power as moderators are removed.

I have seen this done on forums before and believe it may help with some situations on here as it seems a fair few of the moderators are never online or never reply to PM's.

Just an idea that may help "pick up the slack" as it were. Mainly as it seems moderators do not have time to simply reply to PM's for changes of threads with a simple message of "That's all done for you, Regards, ...........)

I believe it may help with several issues and let other moderators who are on alot have a breather for a while (yes i am well aware that moderating is voluntary but i am also aware of the responsibilities this post has and that they must be followed.)

Let me know your thoughts

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Re: Mods Not Doing their jobs

I believe such a scheme is in place. I don't know if anyone has lost their moderation powers over it but I'm pretty sure it is monitered by Rampage or the Admins.

Comment

But then surely we would move into the realm of "Over Moderation" with moderators trying to fill thier weekly quota.
      Armoury:
      JG MP5 SD6, TM G36C.

Sandhurst in May .

Comment

No because if they are being monitored it will show who is "Over" moderating and who isn't pulling their weight, hence some mods will be gone and the ones who are "over" moderating will be having a more even workflow.

In business terms its simply put as PULL YOUR OWN WEIGHT OR SAY BYE BYE!

If you were in a factory and someone wasn't doing the work they were supposed to and started doing ten times more in a hurry at the end of the week than what they should be doing you'd notice and question it.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Its the quality of work I'd bring into question. Wether some would just close a thread to look busy.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that Steve does a lot of work on here, but if it bothered him then im sure he would have spoken to the rest of the mods by now.
          Armoury:
          JG MP5 SD6, TM G36C.

Sandhurst in May .

Comment

I actually think it's not very fair to say Steve does all the work whilst the rest of us "sit on our laurels". Admittedly SFS does do the most moderating but the warning/infarction listings on the moderator forum does clearly show that it's a lot less bias that you think. A lot of moderating goes on behind the scenes.

Comment

i think you do a great job keeper, your very helpful and down to earth typre mod....... LEAVE HIM ALONE

Comment

I don't share the view that mods don't pull their weight.

Maybe Sci-Fi Steve does go the extra mile, but that's up to him and it's good for the forum that he does. What you probably see, are closed/edited threads that Steve has got to before the other mods, so they don't need to do anything because he already has. Therefore, they don't appear to have moderated it.. see what I mean?

Also, I've seen plenty of threads that have been edited by the other mods such as Keeper, Rampage, Gadgetmaster etc.

So I don't think this problem even exists...
                Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

All the mods do a great job on here, I work night shifts so I hit the forums at 6.00am that is the only reason you see my name on a lot of the merges and edits, I have no problems with what I or the others put in to this.

As Keeper says there is a lot of work done by the team that you don't see.
                  Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 15 October, 2009, 01:40.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aribos Find out more about aribos
                  Working...
                  X