Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Protected/Approved Access Sub Forums

Hi there,

I as just thinking about the deletion of many UKSF threads in the past due to the threads being hijacked. I really did enjoy the old threads, and think they'd be fun to have here again. I realise though how they have worked in the past isn't practical, since they might well be left for a day and have 3/4 pages of insults, trolling and arguements to clean up - and moderating them is impossible.

I was wondering then if it is possible to have a sub forum with limited access, ideally via approved users, but a password might work, in order to circumvent the problem. Since there tends to be a core of contributors and watchers and only a small minority intent on ruining SF threads it might work. it would be even better if everyone could see the thread but only a few can post, as it makes it less exclusive.

Anyhow, just an idea, no clue on if it's possible.

Re: Password Protected/Approved Access Sub Forums

So who decides whos input is valid? Passwords can and will get leaked, compromising that 'elite' feeling. Pointless even trying a password. Different User Groups might work but, again, who will be the arbiter of 'in-club' members? Little cliques are often divisive.

Comment

The suggestion wasn't to make elites - I am hardly elite, I just like watching the threads and seeing what people come up with - and asking a load of questions of people.

It's just a shame Zeroin can't support any large popular loadout impression thread before people feel the need to idle away a boring evening by trashing it. Ofcourse there are other forums to go to where it doesn't happen - but that seems abit of a cop out. It's often the same characters too popping up from time to time to cause issues, it wouldn't cut out thread derailment and bitching all together, but might limit access enough to stop it getting to thread deletion stage. It isn't about having an in club - just filtering out people who are genuinely interested in something from those who want to drop by and see how riled they can get the thread users, that was my thinking behind it being visable but posts are limited - lets people get to see what its about and decide if they are interested in contributing beforehand.

I'm not even sure if it's possible, but it'd obviously be better to cater for all the different interests within the sport here, and would benefit Zero One's new advertising here to get a different market visiting often .

Comment

In effect, this is tantamount to creating an elitist area of the forum to discuss issues only those "qualified enough" to contribute should have access to.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this? Maybe that perception of the UKSF "types" is exactly the reason people who bash the threads do so in the first place?
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
          In effect, this is tantamount to creating an elitist area of the forum to discuss issues only those "qualified enough" to contribute should have access to.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this? Maybe that perception of the UKSF "types" is exactly the reason people who bash the threads do so in the first place?
          LMAO, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jay8 Find out more about Jay8
          Working...
          X