Knee pads incorporated into your loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee pads incorporated into your loadout

Hi guys, this is my advice to you so hope its in the right place.

Basically I am now wanting everyone in the airsoft community to at least think about wearing kneepads, this is not me being that mr. H&S crazy guy, and some of you know that I injured my knee and hip quite seriously in december in a motorbike accident and the knee injury (dislocated pattela) took longer to heal than a cracked pelvis.

Now during my last game I dropped to one knee trying to be mr. tacticool as I drew my secondary. I hit the ground HARD with all the adrenaline and bb's flying around, and have subsequently buggered my good knee up by tearing my menisca. I may now need surgery again for this. If this was possible just by rushing to one knee what would happen if you trip, fall, or whatever.

In a game like airsoft that is so physical (unless your a marksman or sniper) the chance is always there. You can get kneepads in many colours, styles etc. and can be bought for like £10. In my work I cannot afford to have injury after injury and my wallet is suffering.

Please guys, as funny as it is at the time when someone goes ar*e over t*t not being able to walk properly a fortnight later is not funny. Think of them like goggles/glasses/masks, you dont want to be blind but im guessing you dont want to spend a few weeks on crutches either now do you?

Just want to know how many of you use kneepads atm and also how many would consider them now.

Please dont flame me for this and I am not trolling before some of you say i am but this is a serious point to consider.

Thank you for your time

Luke

Re: Knee pads incorporated into your loadout

I ran full pelt and slipped with my knee hittig the edge of a concrete stair, it was fractured and even a very light tap caused me pain for months after.
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

I use the crye style trousers with built in knee pads, im a person that suffers from osgoodslatus so my knees are prone to being F*****

id recommend them to anyone, they keep your knees safe and look tacticool...and dont fall down when you need em!! bonus :D
      sigpic
      Originally posted by Parky
      Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

Although not as serious, i also share some experience with you.
        I get some back problems from my bike crash last year.
        In game; Sprinted about 200m, dived into cover, stood up quickly and got the most painful back cramp ever. Was lying in the faetal position in pain for a while.
        Dont really fancy going down to too much protection for airsoft though. Im young, played a lot of rugby; taken lots of falls. I don't mind taking some more in airsoft.

Noticed your local to me as well XD
        Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

I would add helmets in urban environments. I fell out a window and the helmet saved me from serious injury. I just ended up mildly concussed and a little bruised!
          Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

hope your ok pal! :\ hope you get em fighting fit again! I ran a while without knee pads but after some dodgy landings and hating crappy knee pads that slip off all the time i decided to buy some neoprene padded ones cut em up and actually sowed them into my trousers, sounds stupid but it works brilliantly, and can be seen in this pic (me on the left)

Comment

Agreed, got a nasty case of tendonitis in both knee caps from playing airsoft after a MCL injury from a football game.

Stopped me getting into the RAF for a year and has made me put my life on hold for 20 months or so.
              WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

the reason I got them is that tacticool kneeling on concrete sucks without them.
                my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

Balbosa, cheers for that, may have to do some cheapos on some cheap trousers, rockin some dpm hardshell ones atm and dont trust my seamstress skills all to much to spend a fair few bob but may have a go woth like some acm ones then possibly blackhawk at a later date as that does look good, always liked the inbuilt ones,

And Tariq, not that far away, I play at Warminster alot but also UA thorbury occasionally. I will be back to the lovely game at the start of April with any luck for the nice weather aswell hope to see you at some point.

Cheers guys, its just that I dont see all too much of em any more and they are really good things to have so I hope to get most people to have them as I dont want em to fall to the same fate as a few of us on this thread.

Comment

i just like to look tacticool :P plus cqb sucks without them and they really can save you a lot of pain for such a low price. there is a reason the military and the likes wear them. i will say though that i'm thinking about getting some built in pads as mine normal ones always fall down.
                    Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
                    https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Comment

Definitely a useful bit of kit.

I remember my knees being pure agony after starting up softing again, wish I'd bought a pair to use. Looking to get a set that will fit in with a SEAL loadout.
                      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                      Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

minimi123246 Find out more about minimi123246
                      Working...
                      X