Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior RICAS (black) question

Hi people,

As always, any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Myself and my team mates are doing a "black" loadout, sort of like an anti terrorist kind of thing. Anyway, i thought i'd treat myself to a new vest (and a good one at that) and have always heard good things about Warrior. I saw they had a black one and it looks great. But my question is this.

Getting hold of black accesories for these kinds of vests are difficult to get hold of. Do i have to get the warrior ones (which only come in tan) or can i use other parts (if so, what make are they?). Secondly, does one size fit all, specifically a large bloke with wide girth... Also, has anyone actually got one of these? If so, how are they?

Again, thanks for the help
    Current Armoury
    TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Re: Warrior RICAS (black) question

i think warrior do a few black pouches to go with it, but i dont think they do too many, if you cant find all the pouches that you need then search about for 5.11 tactical, their main colours are tan and black. as for compatability, all molle products SHOULD be compatible with eachother, so as long as you can find a pouch that you like that says molle, then it should fit.
    hope this helps.

Comment

and yes one size fits all but the compact is a nicer fit if your a smaller person

Comment

Thanks for that, i'll look for 5.11's then. Murta, what do you mean the compact is a nicer fit? Its not going to go across my chest like a sports bra is it?! But the one im looking at, isn't the compact, its a normal one. Is that any different fit wise?
        Current Armoury

TM Spas 12

Comment

Have you looked at BULLE? There kit is the same price range as Warrior and its around the same quality. Plus quite easy to get hold of from a greman camo named retailer. But there is a large variety of pouches made by BULLE.

I have some Warrior and BULLE gear and its all good stuff.

Comment

I wouldn't say Bulle are on par with Warrior, but they are reasonable. Pantac and Warrior are both very good, but I think you'll be slightly limited on both for black pouches.

Comment

Bulle stuff is of lower quality than Warrior gear, and Warrior stuff is just as easy to get with similar pricing so Warrior wins against Bulle, dont just look at 5.11 pouches for it as their range isnt the best, Blackhawk also do high quality pouches in black though you're going to find yourself paying more for them, the Black RICAS should come with enough pouches as is though surely? Accept perhaps a hydration pack on the back? (assuming you're not using something like an MP5)

*as Nuke said, Pantac are also good but you're going to be more limited on black pouches.

Comment

what i mean is you dont look dwarfed. im 5.8-ish but really skinny and have to have the compact on the tighest setting but it looks a better cut on me but you can adjust both them to your size its quite easy to aswell and they fit comfortably after.

Comment

Im using a WE Scar, and i'll try and get hold of some blackhawk stuff to go with it. It wasn't alot else really, more a radio pouch and an M203 one and maybe some other stuff depending on the situation. I'm deffinately going to need the bigger one then!
                  Current Armoury

TM Spas 12

Comment

Warrior is the brand that always comes First, Tactical gear is available all over teh Internets. Try Google and Tasmanian Tiger. :D

Comment

As a team we've had warrior vests for quite a while and they're sturdy, reliable and fit pretty much all sizes (within reason). Most of us bought the fully loaded ricas and have all the pouches we would ever need, tbh most other brands will fit and unlike OD or tan, black pouches are black pouches and so colours should match.

Overall not cheap, but we've had no problems with them

Originally posted by Trust
                      Yes, I played Delta. Once. I'm not planning on going back.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Felixpredator Find out more about Felixpredator
                      Working...
                      X