Drop Leg Holster for P226

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop Leg Holster for P226

Does anyone know of a decent drop leg holster for the Sig 226 in OD for under 50 quid. It needs to be from a reputable name, so Warrior or Blackhawk and not viper, but my searches have yielded nothing.

Re: Drop Leg Holster for P226

cant post retailers, so search for a "warrior holster" on google, it's not pistol specific, it's more of a universal holster. if you searched for something like "warrior sig p226 holster" it probably wont have found it.
    if you do search with suggested term, then click the first link, it will be the holster but in multicam, if you search the site a bit you will find another one wich will be shown as tan, there is an option for od too though.

Comment

get a serpa or safariland from a quite tactical place in the uk

Comment

The Warrior MOLLE holster isnt the best for the 226 as the mag release gets pressed against the edge of the holster, it may cause the mag to be released when you dont want it. There is the Blackhawk Omega VI but its around £60 or you could try Arktis MOLLE holster with a leg platform.

Comment

I think I may save up for a Safariland.

Comment

I've got a fobus for my 229 and it fits like a glove. I believe that there is a platform-mounted version, so that would work for you.
            sigpic

Comment

Thought I'd add to this rather thab start a new thread. What do you guys prefer? Chest mounted holsters, or thigh holsters.

Comment

Personally I use a drop-leg, as I rarely wear a vest. But, if at some point I buy a plate carrier, I'll probably go chest mounted.

Having said that, I've just finished stitching a leather belt holster for my 45 and I may try that in the summer with jeans, especially for CQB.
                sigpic

Comment

Drop legs help spread the weight over the body more evenly, I use one as it means if I do a rush where I want to move really fast I take off the plate carrier adn put it some where safe (or see able) put a new midcap in and charge, then when I get close enough I can sling the rifle on my back ad use the pistol to clear the room/building as my M16 is a quite awkward in CQB.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Utrinque Paratus Find out more about Utrinque Paratus
                  Working...
                  X