• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UKSF Photo Thread

My current loadout

Comment

That's looking pretty sweet G. What kind of ACOG replica have you got mounted on there?

Comment

Replica? Where? :P
        TA01NSN, Real Deal with the Tritium removed by previous owner due to some crap in Germany. Backed up by a few mate's who have had/used/use them.

Comment

Ah, thought it might be. Get a better camera! :D If you don't mind, how much did that set you back?

Comment

Veery nice G, kinda similar to my plain brit loadout, cept Osprey instead of RAV and I dont have a mich :P, looks sweet though.

Comment

Hehe cheers, why would I buy a camera, when I can buy more kit? :D
              Rather not say the price
              I was looking at getting some dessie BDUs, but DPM smock and DDPM trousers are just too cool :D

Comment

Need to pick myself up a descent SAS smock actually :P might get a Dessie one as well to mix things up a bit :-).

Comment

:D Cheers mate, nah It's a map holder, but I'm looking at getting a Garmin GPS that goes on your wrist, they are decent bout £100

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                    got the makings of an SBS 'prisoner uprising' loadout with the L119a1 in progress and was looking something a little more 'incountry' for use at weekenders. found this pic at the start of our thread;

my loadout to match so far clothes wise;

- recon tac9 trousers (rugged cotton/canvas in OD)
                    - Scarpa SL mountain boots
                    - plain black fleece top
                    - non-descript baselayer.
                    - northface denali/5.11 'tac a' gloves
                    - pakol (in the post)
                    Have a similar loadout on the go, not much to do to it really:

- Brit Army Magnum Boots (Desert)
                    - Kiwi Craghopper Trousers (fleece lined for hiking, blackhawk knee pads over the top)
                    - Plain Tan/Brown brit army shirt (quite literally cheap as chips :p)
                    - And torn on the Smock, wanting a plain coloured one simply to act as a windproof and relatively rain proof shell, the Swedish Arctic smock has grabbed my attention yet I also like the WW2 SAS smocks in Tan :p.
                    - plce util belt rig
                    - arktis battle vest (mmm nice peice of kit :-))
                    - Pakol
                    - Nomex flight gloves

Just need to decide on the smock and Im done! Have the rest already, also want to sort my plce out so I have a 24hr loadout for milsim games :-) can anyone give any suggestions or advice as to the smock?

Comment

uk issue desert windproof smock for sure! Also I would think about changing the boots. Magnums are issued to all troops in theatre, but they are issued a pair of meindels or lowa aswell. The magnums are used for down time at camp bastion / Kandahar or a spare pair at the FOBs. But having said that UKSF use just about what ever kit they want, so I suppose any high end desert boot will do. Also USMC desert marpat kit is liked by some of the go faster troops in helmand. you can't go to wrong with mixing kit UK, US, and civie. green dpm and desert will also work. hope this helps?
                      Multi cam does not equal skill !

Comment

gonna have a play about this weekend with adding the AK into the mix with the SBS gear, will get some piccies up to see what you recon.

Comment

Yeah Cheers mate, I was looking at the Swedish Smock mainly because of the plain colour and cheap price tag ;-), and the magnums'll do for now, once pay day has been and gone I'll be grabbing myself a pair of higher end boots :-).

Comment

cannot wait till i get my new job sorted. thats when my beltkit is gonna be sorted and that'll about finish the look.

interested in the swedish smock idea though :-) whats the cheapest we're talking?

Comment

Cheers to Lt Macka for this (he posted it on another thread):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...%3DI%26otn%3D2

£23 posted :-) an will look a bit different to wearing a bog standard DPM smock hehe just got to wear an extra layer underneath as it doesent look quite as warm as the issue brit one.

Comment

thought this site may be of interest to some of you for SAS/Windproof smocks;

link removed

its an MOD site that flogs surplus gear. that link is for the grade 2 site where SAS dessie/dpm smocks are 15 quid a piece. i ordered one and it arrived within a couple of days. was listed as grade 2 but the only thing wrong with it was some wonky stitching on the right sleeve.

if you're after grade 1 there's linkage on the left for their other site.

hope this helps a few tight budget'd people out :-P
                                Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 21 January, 2010, 12:48.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

G Find out more about G
                                Working...
                                X