home made ghille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home made ghille

2nd attempt at typing this out, deleted last one so sorry if this eems dull or is missing stuff, its now my second time writing it all

anyways, i'm about to tell you all about my latest attempt at a ghillie/stalker jacket, decided to do just the jacket and not a full suit, as a... easier b cheaper, c no need for full one imo in airsoft..

anyways being a cheapskate i decide i would make my own from scractch, even my own net, ( pics show you how sorta )

IMAG0052.jpgIMAG0053.jpgIMAG0054.jpg

anyways hand sew the then hand made net onto the jacket ( old smock ) and after dyeing several bags and sacks, decided i would make my start, anyways i didint take individual photos at each point, but will show some that were taken...

i decided to do 50/40/10 brown/green/tan mostly brown as i can add foliage on site or locally this is a preference thing remember

i also used 2 old towels one green ( issue ) and an off brown just to add mix to textures and tones....

IMAG0056.jpgIMAG0055.jpg

any criticism welcome, any questions welcome also.... sorry theres not much depth to this, but like i said second time round doing this now...

haters hate, but if you like it please feel free to say...

IMAG0058.jpg

tips for anyone concidering doing this themselves.
    1. dye the bags before cutting or stripping, easier to cut and attach after dyeing.
    2 keep all the straggly bits your left off with, you can always add when needed.
    3 get someone else or hang it up and look at it from a distance so you can see where any patches need filling etc.
    4 DO NOT RUSH good things come to those who wait
    5 start attaching from the bottom working up, easier to work around.
    6 do not use to much of one colour, and try not to work to a pattern, looks too obvious,
    7 use different lenghts all over also
    8 there is no right and wrong way to make one, do whats right for you and right for your surroundings
    9 do not add to much on at beginning, more can be added easily as you go along , is harder to remove some later
    10 have fun
    'Why did you shoot him 13 times?'
    'The browning mag only holds 13 rounds sir.'

awesome quote
    Originally posted by Hawke
    Be aware - from some people, a pat on the back is sometimes a recce as to where to put the knife in at a later date.

Re: home made ghille

forgot to add, i made a matching hat to go with this that covers over the shown hood, so dont worry about that....

awesome quote
    Be aware - from some people, a pat on the back is sometimes a recce as to where to put the knife in at a later date.

Comment

Nice post there mate!

Now what you need to do is beat the hell out of it. Take a wire brush to the ghillie then drag it around in a few muddy puddles. - Generally treat it like rubbish for a weekend then it will work all the better.

Mine has too much green in it - which needs sorting.

I suggest adding elbow pads if you can. Any fool can be uncomfortable.

All the best

Andy
      Originally posted by Coz
      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

thanks Lt.macka, yeah, its stiill hung up at the moment, just waiting on knowing when i'll be using it then will abuse the hell outof it, wear armour'd shirt underneath atm so didnt think about putting in pads.... might utilize and spray up some old knee and elbow pads i have....

awesome quote

Comment

Looking good! Seems we both decided to make Ghillie suits at the same time!

I agree with you, that only the jacket and hat are needed.

Only thing I could suggest is doing the arms, and then putting a couple of test pictures up on here. I didn't realise mine was too dark till someone pointed it out, maybe someone may point something out on yours once its tested in anger
          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

looks good...BUT

remove the towels they won't weather properly
            remove maybe as much as 40% of the hessian, theres far to much,which adds weight and bulk. when foliage is attached it will weigh a tone and be very hot.
            remove some of the brown and add more green,especially the darker browns. you can darken a ghillie with foliage but its a lot harder to lighten the colour.
            lastly i advise spending some money and getting a webtex/atkis vest ,as i stated above in the summer you will die from the heat and weight

I've made 3 ghille suits over the past 10 years the first started like yours ,then they gradually got lighter. my last one was based on the webtex and was extremely effective..anyone that plays in scotland or against me in large uk games will be able to vouch for this.many times I've had people step on me or within a meter of me without knowing.

heres a pic of mine

user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rednaxelaa pain distributer Find out more about Rednaxelaa
            Working...
            X