Vest or pouches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vest or pouches?

So, I was looking through the "Pictures of Your Gear" thread and noticed casshern's simple yet awesome loadout and I thought I'd ask your opinions on something. What would you guys say is better? Having a vest or using a few pouches on the belt/leg?

Keep in mind that I don't have/need LOADS of spare magazines that I never use, but is it worth keeping my vest, or should I consider getting something similar to casshern's set up (ammo storage wise)?

Cheers.
    sigpic

Re: Vest or pouches?

lol; this thread just caught my eye - then i saw my name! bit of a double take there.

if you don't mind getting shot in the torso - which i do alot, my sides are spotted with little bruises - belt pouches are great. i find they allow alot more manouverability and i feel i can breathe more easily.

i don't keep much on my legs as obviously they move the most and i don't want them weighed down. for example, imo, dont get a dropleg holster for a desert eagle lol. cqc holsters work okay on the leg, but i try to keep it all on the belt.

in saying that; after playing so much MW2, i'm hoping to get a WE GBB SCAR, and with the number of gas magazines i'll need, i think i'm going for a molle chest rig lol. i want the british flag on something!!

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

I think you'd have to tell us more about what you usually carried.

I have a plate carrier and blast belt system - I usually wear both, as I carry 15 mid caps, pistol, 3 pistol mags, bag of BB's and dump pouch. That's before any pyro etc!

I sometimes just wear one or the other. The vest keeps things tight and light, and is much better for running round. Can be a pain when creeping, laying prone etc. The belt is good for sneaking about, but things bounce about, so makes it harder to run in.

Comment

I keep max six mags on my belt; four of which are heavy pistol ones, and two full metal pistols in cqc holsters - which if you think about it is quite alot of weight. As long as it's tight I don't find that it jiggles. So yeah, if you've not got grenades and stuff - four m4 mags, one pistol and one or two mags for that too, and a dump pouch for whatever else you need - and you're golden! I also keep m4 mags on my leg because they're light. Try that too.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

I have both belt rigs and plate carriers, and both get reghular use.
          At this time of year the Wasatch is out a lot more, and also supplies a little extra warmth when its freezing.
          Trader Feedback.
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Yeah, I don't carry loads of magazines, so think I may go with some pouches, maybe for the summer when it starts heating up again. Cheers for the advice guys
            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lolzombies Find out more about lolzombies
            Working...
            X