Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Is a terrorist load-out offensive? (Not intended to offend anyone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a terrorist load-out offensive? (Not intended to offend anyone)

Hey guys,

A friend of mine is thinking about making a terrorist loadout but I've heard mixed views of what people think. (He's seen the local airsoft nut job who runs around as Bin Laden)

Would you find it offensive if someone dressed as a terrorist? If not; what clothing/load carrying would you recommend?

Thanks,
    Sean.
    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried.

Re: Is a terrorist load-out offensive? (Not intended to offend anyone)

i kinda do, but not because i personally find it offensive to dress that way its only because from an outside perspective its f*cking insanity! its ok for airsofters who have a thing for dressing up in mil gear and can understand why, but for people looking in it would be an extremely worrying sight to behold, and airsoft wont be lasting long if people start to think its full of terrorists :D

that being said im of course not saying you shouldnt!

Comment

I wouldnt, if im wearing a leather jacket and jeans im teqniquely dressed like a member of PIRA etc. The local muslims in town are dressed the same as Taliban. Whatever you do, someone will get offended, even if you do nothing!

As long as you feel comfortable then does it matter what others think? I dont see many people getting offended at Waffen SS etc kits.

Go ahead.

Comment

Why not? Someones gotta be the OpFor.

Define "terrorist" though? Are we talking Johnny Jihad? Generic Freedom fighter? Taliban militia? 80s/90s IRA?

People dont get offended by people playing VC or NVA, though I bet 50 years ago dressing up as charlie would have been frowned upon.

Comment

All over it like a cheap suit.
          No one on the day found it offensive, including the couple of serving bootys, and I myself am a serving member of the forces, non of the general public found it offensive at all, in fact most thought i was hilarious.
          So much so my local site organiser has ordered me to dig the costume out again. I will once I can get the use of an AK.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

^ now thats what i like to see, someone that doesnt give a sh*t about offending people, just gets on with it.
            Usually its not them that get offended anyway, people nowadays seem to get offended on behalf of someone else which p*sses me off royally.
            Roses are red,
            Violets are blue,
            In soviet russia,
            Poem reads you!

Comment

but what do you class as dressing like a terrorist? the picture above, is just somthing alot of people wear from said country. dressing like i "terrorist" in my eyes is dressing like binladen or making a mock up of some sort of bomb and strapping it to your chest for everyone to see? wearing middle eastern clothes doesn't make you a terrorist.

Comment

It's all contextual really.

Are you going to drive to your skirmish site dressed in a balaclava and jacket 'n' jeans like PIRA? Or are you going to travel in explosive vest and teatowel wrapped around your head? If the anser is "No" then you should be safe wearing whatever the F you want at your site, as we all wear what other countries would deem as "Terrorist clothing."

Milsimmers wear Nazi uniforms, but I'll wager they don't stop off at the local Tesco to pick up some groceries, showing it all off. If they do, they need a slap. Take whatever you want to wear along and put it on when you arrive.
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

This is what I wore as OpFor at the Tier 1 event at STANTA:

Surprisingly very comfortable rig, I ran around in that for 36 hours, a week later I was in a Plate Carrier and I was utterly shattered after one game, so much so that I took it off and ran my pistol for the rest of the day.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback guys and those who uploaded pictures, an extra thank you for you.

Now to look for an actual loadout, Sean, what was your load carrying system?

Thanks, Sean.
                    If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post

Milsimmers wear Nazi uniforms, but I'll wager they don't stop off at the local Tesco to pick up some groceries, showing it all off. If they do, they need a slap. Take whatever you want to wear along and put it on when you arrive.
                      You clearly havnt been to the war and peace show, when re-enactors go to waitrose to re stock on beer and food.... in that area at that time of year, its the norm if im honest
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Parky
                      Being offended by the deaths of over 6 million people's almost as bad as not using the sales template.

Comment

I'm finding a US loadout offensive at the moment, quite frankly - given their neutrality over the Falklands...

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          I'm finding a US loadout offensive at the moment, quite frankly - given their neutrality over the Falklands...
                          They are always neutral unless they get something out of it. On an off topic note ive been told they call the second war the '41-45' war!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanJohnGale View Post
                            Thanks for all the feedback guys and those who uploaded pictures, an extra thank you for you.

Now to look for an actual loadout, Sean, what was your load carrying system?

Thanks, Sean.
                            Used an issue belt with just random pouches I salvaged from my shed from my ddpm rig, it can all be dirt cheap from surplus stores, the costume was 16 quid from a fancy dress shop and the pakol hat was bought from the bay.
                            Most of it was pretty much bodged together from other loadouts and salvaged kit.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I don't see any issues with this as long as you are sensible about it. As said by Balbosa, the one thing you need to be careful of is what the average member of the public would make of it, or the daily wail would say if they got their hands on a photo or two. There's already (I believe) been comments about airsoft "terrorist training camps" in one of the papers.

Don't put anything offensive on until you're on site and you'll be fine.

BTW, I'd love to see someone skirmishing in one of those rubber Bin Laden masks you can buy from fancy dress shops.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SeanJohnGale Find out more about SeanJohnGale
                              Working...
                              X