Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Buckles/Side Squeeze on a Flyye RRV in RG

Hi,

I got a Flyye RRV in Ranger Green which have Tan Buckles and Side Squeeze (not too sure about the terms). But the ones on both side are craked, the small ones not the big one near the waist.

First I wonder where I can buy this kind of stuff. It is some Duraflex SIDE SQUEEZE (Ref: S-MM-1). The 1 might refer to 1" but it seems to be a bit more when I measure. I was thinking of just buying some ITW Nexus you can find on the Pantac products as they seems easier to find.

Second, the stitchings will have to be undone in order to fit the new side squeeze. So in order to redo the stitching, which wire will be the best if I want it to match the quality and colour of the original one?

Thanks.
    If you don't know, Ask. I you know, Share.

Re: Replacing Buckles/Side Squeeze on a Flyye RRV in RG

Bit Late but if your still looking there called side release buckles , you can get ones that have splits in the bar that the webbing loops around to attach to what ever it's on to replace broken ones like yours . You just cut the old one off (the buckle that is) then thread the new one in its place . There called repair side release buckles .
    From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

Re: Replacing Buckles/Side Squeeze on a Flyye RRV in RG

Thanks for the reply

I did find these "Field Expedient" buckles. I am also glad that the ITW Nexus do fit the Duraflex of my RRV.
      If you don't know, Ask. I you know, Share.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Flanbix Find out more about Flanbix
      Working...
      X