How do you store you gear? Mannequin idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you store you gear? Mannequin idea

hey guys just thinking about how i store my gear. its pretty shambolic all in the cuboard in a heap. i was thinking about getting a torso maniquen from ebay to store my stuff in a "coolish" way. just wondering if an of you guys have done this?

cheer

Re: how do you store you gear? Mannequin idea

The trouble with putting it all on a mannequin is its a faff to take it off and put it on every time you use the gear... for me its not worth it, but I do have a head mannequin for my head gear which I quite like and think its looks pretty good!!

Comment

I haven't done it, my kit just sits in assault bags haha. If I had the space I'd consider it though, would help the kit keep its shape and organise it pretty well.

Though I could imagine it creeping me out if I happened to stumble across it drunk lol
      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
      Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

my webbing gets hung on the handle of my vice clamp in my workshop lol, guns go in a rack, and all the rest stays in my bag so i dont forget it next time.

Comment

mines on a full mannequin i got from a skip lol, the rest are in huge boxes, i have my tools, bbs batteries etc on a shelf above my workbench, and guns mounted on my wall i have my own room for airsoft stuff as my daughter dont need it yet because shes only 3months haha i just like admiring my gear to be honest though haha

i would say get a half mannequin, a head and torso if you want to mount your helmet/cap and plate carrier/vest and then use a two-point sling to keep your primary on it, put it on a computer desk or corner shelf and its a conversation starter when people come round the house trust me, but thats what i do anyway and i like it so go for it

Comment

I thought about getting a mannequin to free up some room as everything is pretty much perched up against my wall
            Then I realised I don't have room for said mannequin

Comment

Thread needs more pictures

Comment

I have big plastic clear boxes for storage on my balcony, that's where my stuff goes.
                AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

on your balcony??? if i left my stuff on the balcony around here it would get stolen within 10mins lol!

Comment

i store my kit in my armoury. space for loads of stuff in it
                    I don't care if you've lost half your men loose the other half.

Comment

All clothing and PC has its own side to the built in wardrobe. Rest of my gear is in large kit bags.

If i got a dummy to store it all on there would be no end of piss taking from the wife.
                      TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

I'm quite lucky living in Germany, it is common for the houses to have an attic and a cellar.

My cellar has my man room in it. Xbox, beer fridge, tools and all my lovely airsoft stuff.

I really like the idea of a mannequin. I only get to play in the UK which is once every few months so having it on a mannequin is not as much as a pain as if i were playing every week. Time to start going around the the Boxhead's charity shops and the like on the prowl.

Currently it is all stored in a big "Gorrilla on wheels" box, which is fine for transporting it, but not for looking good in the corner of my man room.

Comment

End of scurmish day ,
                          1 ; open large cupboard .
                          2 ; through in kit .
                          3 ; close cupboard door as quickly as possible .

Next scurmish day ,
                          1 ; open cupboard door .
                          2 ; watch all kit fall out .
                          3 ; sort out what kit I want for the day .
                          4 ; repeat end of scurmish day action .

All my AEGs live in there hard cases .
                          Last edited by druid799; 24 May, 2012, 10:15.
                          From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

I store them on my floordrobe. Or the boot of my car.

-Go to skirmish
                            - Come home
                            - groan at aches and pains, look at pile of gear in the boot of the car.
                            - think "fuck it... Ill do it tomorow when Im not knackered"
                            - several weeks later or next skirmish, whatever comes first "oh yeah... all that shit is still in the boot of my car"
                            - Either take it to the skirmish, or drag it all into the house and chuck it on the floor Dx

Comment

Great idea.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hanging-Fu...ht_1066wt_1185

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chris wheeler Find out more about chris wheeler
                              Working...
                              X