Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army clothing sizes help

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum, so i'll take this opportunity to introduce myself, I'm Paul and i'm new to airsoft. I've just bought a genuine army jacket size 190/104 which should fit me as i'm 42" chest and 6'2". Although having put it on it comes down to halfway down my thighs andis a bit baggy, it feels like I should have bought a 180/96, has anyone else had the same experience? Thanks in advance

Re: Army clothing sizes help

The jackets are designed to be worn on top of other clothing if memory serves me right. So it will feel a little big. They're always really long, just use the draw strings and pull it up if it bothers you...

Comment

It's meant to be baggy...

Keep you cool in the warm weather, allow for layers in the colder climes.

As ^^^^ said, there should be an elasticated draw cord around the base of the jacket. Nip it up and tuck the jacket inside itself.

There are loads of the various sizes, but from your post 190/** is the correct size for your height. The 104 chest size is the 3rd smallest; 96, 100, 104, 108 and 112 - i think i have even seen a 120, but there should not be a soldier on earth that fits!

What jacket is it? Regular '95 DPM smock? I may have a spare in the cellar for the size you want. I dont use it anymore so would be able to swap it. (i can't sell it to you as i may need to hand it in if i get made redundant in 4 weeks)

Comment

I did wonder if it was meant to be like that, I have done exactly as you suggested and nipped up the cord and tucked it under, which is fine. I was just curious to see if they are designed that way so I can bear this in mind with future purchases. Thanks loki7491 for the offer but its the old cut mtp smock, I like it, I was just initially shocked at its length. Is there any rule of thumb for the shirt sizing, or is it what it says on the tin?

Comment

What it says on the tin basically.

Everything is a generic "ish" size to make production, storage and contracting easier.

If you have the new MTP shirts too, they are designed to worn hanging out, much to the dismay of many a Regimental Sgt Major.

Comment

Thats good to know (avoids having to buy twice), thanks for the info loki7491 and Delta. Untucked shirts you say, bet that hasn't gone down too well!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Paulh89 Find out more about Paulh89
            Working...
            X