• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal ulster constabulary

anyone done an RUC load out ?
    http://evillkilt.wordpress.com/

Re: Royal ulster constabulary

I've never seen one. Be interesting though wouldnt it? What would it be, 70s police uniform, flak vest and m1 carbine?

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
      What would it be, 70s police uniform, flak vest and m1 carbine?
      As the RUC only became the PSNI in the late 90's and the uniform only changed slightly a police loadout similar to any other UK force would be right. Had TSG's before any other force. Any ARU loadout would be similar. Weapons - G3, HK 33, MP5, Glock 17. (m1, ruger 357, ppk, depending on how far back you want to go)
      "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

If I recall correctly, for a true RUC loadout, one would require to have first and foremost, a large, swollen red nose, gained through many years of hard drinking. A mop of uncombed hair, with regulation hat (Two sizes too small) perched on the back of one's head. A light green shirt that appears to have never been washed with dark green clip-on tie hanging from a button hole. Then and only then, should you don the body armour with which to hold one's thumbs. Place them in your armpit area and continue to nod and wink at random people. Say "What about ye?" a lot.

Hey Presto! Your RUC loadout is now complete.

Gun optional.
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Good idea mate! Nice to see something different! Post some pictures when your done!
          Don't mock my randomness - I'm just having a laugh!

Comment

A mix of these two images, with the shirt to be more "Booze-stained" with an occasional fag burn in the sleeve.

Obviously, they are too perfect. There's nowhere near enough hair or fags on display. Nor are either chewing gum (That I'm aware of?)
            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

?Are the trousers like the old Barrack Dress ones, they look similar?

Comment

I think if you look back at 70's policing, BAMF's description could also be for any force. Although he seems to have a particular interest in defaming the RUC.
                "Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle." Psalm 144:1

Comment

Originally posted by Gadge Europa View Post
                  ?Are the trousers like the old Barrack Dress ones, they look similar?
                  Barrack dress keks would do.

Originally posted by keithhibbert View Post
                  I think if you look back at 70's policing, BAMF's description could also be for any force. Although he seems to have a particular interest in defaming the RUC.
                  One too many "Outings" with the boys in green back in the day I'm afraid Keith. Their professionalism, or lack thereof, was astounding. VCPs in Belfast and they'd leave their guns in the back of the Hotspur? Nice lads though.

Comment

There is an account of an ATO being called into look at a suspect package in NI. Before he could stop him an RUC lad went over to have a look..

He got closer and the ATO says to the army brick commander 'well that rules out proximity/pressure then', the RUC guy then gives the package a boot 'not a tilt switch either says the ATO' then he opens it up 'Not light sensitive either... my work here is done'.

I'm sure lots of people did daft/suicidal stuff like that without thinking but i only mention it s i read it today and it made me chuckle.

(source: Ken Wharton, 'A long long war')

Comment

Not sure the OP was wanting an assessment of performance. I think they were as professional as, if not better than some of those who they were 'assisted' by. (experience from both). As for uniform, google is your friend, they were well 'covered' by the media.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                        If I recall correctly, for a true RUC loadout, one would require to have first and foremost, a large, swollen red nose, gained through many years of hard drinking. A mop of uncombed hair, with regulation hat (Two sizes too small) perched on the back of one's head. A light green shirt that appears to have never been washed with dark green clip-on tie hanging from a button hole. Then and only then, should you don the body armour with which to hold one's thumbs. Place them in your armpit area and continue to nod and wink at random people. Say "What about ye?" a lot.

Hey Presto! Your RUC loadout is now complete

Gun optional.
                        well i have the hat them things are hard to get hold of in the standard too sizes to small
                        1 nose broke a good few times in the line of duty complete with standard lip warmer
                        no mop of hair but will be going for the simulated bald look
                        will be carrying an MP5 handbag and a 1911 as haven't got the browning yet (might get it at AI500 )
                        leather belt and a few pouches for holding fags and chewing gum
                        tunic and trousers are this week
                        wont be using the body armour or the one shape fits all jumper
                        will be using my very old parade boots polished to norn iron standard
                        was taught the norn iron way of arresting by my of sorts brother who was the one who kicked the bomb across the Victoria bridge to establish if the device was viable i had sense and joined the home service lot
                        will be offering sectarian abuse to keep in line with the RUC load out

was also thinking of doing a gold or silver hmsu load out which would be full riot gear ,shield and baton (blooper could be used if no one wants to be re-educated with the stick of authority ) when i get the lot together i'll post up with the traditional norn iron pose
                        http://evillkilt.wordpress.com/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

big-gay-al I LIKE GUNS and have a growing need to shoot fat kidsim here and thats iti was there but not now Find out more about big-gay-al
                        Working...
                        X