Collapse

Pictures of Your Belt Setup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have now updated my Warrior PLB setup from the one pictured in #79. Have decided against the Serpa holster and instead have chosen the new Crye Precision Gun Clip. Only messed about with it for one evening but I have to say its bloody brilliant. Search for Gun Clip on YouTube for a full overview. The main reason is that it allows you to have a tactical torch, silencer or both without any impact on the draw. So leg rig is still on RH side but with Gun Clip and spare magazine pouch. Sorted. Now need to use it in anger at CQB Tactical on the 25th.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Pictures of Your Belt Setup!

Originally posted by Cpt_Bubblebeard View Post
      Have now updated my Warrior PLB setup from the one pictured in #79. Have decided against the Serpa holster and instead have chosen the new Crye Precision Gun Clip. Only messed about with it for one evening but I have to say its bloody brilliant. Search for Gun Clip on YouTube for a full overview. The main reason is that it allows you to have a tactical torch, silencer or both without any impact on the draw. So leg rig is still on RH side but with Gun Clip and spare magazine pouch. Sorted. Now need to use it in anger at CQB Tactical on the 25th.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk 2
      just a tip, be careful to make sure the snap does up properly when you re-holster. I didn't, and it cost me a new lower frame for my glock, as it cracked when it hit the deck.
      Not actually a builder
      Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Cheers for the Intel, will watch out for that!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Comment

As he said brill piece of kit but make sure its snapped up and on a lanyard my glock hand a swing around the mall last time i played lol
          Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by the_firing_dutchman View Post

From left to right:

1x High ground instant grenade pouch
            1x kangaroo shingle (holds three rifle and three pistol mags)
            1x Maxpedition dump pouch
            1x Zulu Nylon covered double magazine pouch
            1x radio pouch for V.T.G. grenade (shown with smoke grenade here)
            1x LFI kydex holster on drop leg for Glock 17

Boot note:
            • The belt allows for a mere 5 mags of 82 rounds to be carried. You may find this lacking but with a beefed up SOCOM it is adequate.
            • Majority of the primary and secondary magazines go on the non dominant side to keep my dominant hand on the pistol grip
            • The carabiner is there to clip used grenade pins to so they don't get lost during the heat of battle
            • Lack of radio: this goes on the upper back so the body does not interference with the signal
            • Pistol holster: I've tried it on the belt but in the end preferred it high on the thigh: it can be drawn quicker and more comfortable than a holster on the belt.This is especially when in combination with a plate carrier as you don't have to lift your elbow first. I've read that people don't like drop legs because they shake all over the shop when running. However this doesn't necessarily have to be the case in my experience, and I'm using a home made jobby! However, the area above the holster is kept clear - so I have maximum working space to bring up the Glock - as I presume that when I want to draw it, I want to draw it smooth and fast.

Might have to exchange the drop pouch for three M203 grenades though, do like the look of that...!!

Finally my new BFG arrived..!! Bye bye smokey

And now a blatant plug: Ever since posting this people have been asking me about the High Ground grenade pouch. I've had this imported into the country and is now up for sale
            AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

Comment

I've recently aquired a Warrior PLB in A-TACS FG, sadly no FG pouches though, but will post a pic of it up soon
              Fire Team Zulu
              Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
              http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Originally posted by Nickona View Post
                I've recently aquired a Warrior PLB in A-TACS FG, sadly no FG pouches though, but will post a pic of it up soon
                Tell me more...
                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
                  Tell me more...
                  What do you want to know?
                  Fire Team Zulu

Comment

I have also just got a Warrior PLB belt just in Multicam to go with my new Warrior DCS plate carrier.

Cracking bit of kit. Very well made and comfortable.

TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

• Re: Pictures of Your Belt Setup!

Originally posted by Nickona View Post
                      What do you want to know?
                      I think a shed load of pictures in good light conditions should just about cover it
                      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
                        I think a shed load of pictures in good light conditions should just about cover it
                        haha okay, I'll get on with that later on today :D
                        Fire Team Zulu

Comment

How are your finding the gun clip? I've been looking at a belt setup, to compliment my chest rig (especially for the longer games etc). Been debating between Serpa and gun clip (like the idea of adding a tac light but not that essential for me). How are you finding the draw from the gun clip? Does it take some getting used to? Also do you feel the glock is nice and secure or are you double checking all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie C View Post
                            How are your finding the gun clip? I've been looking at a belt setup, to compliment my chest rig (especially for the longer games etc). Been debating between Serpa and gun clip (like the idea of adding a tac light but not that essential for me). How are you finding the draw from the gun clip? Does it take some getting used to? Also do you feel the glock is nice and secure or are you double checking all the time?
                            I've had some issues with mine (a clone version). carry and draw are fine, I found the best way to draw once you'd popped the snap was to twist the pistol so the trigger guard came out first.
                            but re-holstering can be a right faff on occasion, and it can be very tricky to get the snap re-set. which can lead to your pistol hitting the deck pretty hard. Cost me a lower frame.
                            Not actually a builder
                            Not actually called Bob.

Comment

I have the genuine crye one and i love it, once u have used it a few times it becomes second nature, admittedly the serpa is faster smoother but i tend to play a lot of dark sites and i cannot be doing with drawing pistol and then a torch esp when i come to reload as i need 3 hands! If you get one get a genuine one heard to many bad reviews on the clones
                              Mitch

Comment

Cheers guys. Thing I might stick with the Serpa. The majority of the time I'll be using a CQB primary with light attached anyway. Those times I do use my Glock for CQB I'll just stick my light on and run with it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lethaldave Find out more about lethaldave
                                Working...
                                X