Eyewear.... Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyewear.... Opinions

Ok so I prefer goggle style eyewear over glasses. I personally don't feel "safe" enough in them but I'm having a mare with goggles misting up or being mucho bulky I'm getting to my wits end...
    Had a go on my mates ess goggles but they didn't impress me... I'm looking at bolle tracker ii goggles has anyone had these?

Re: Eyewear.... Opinions

I always had trouble with misting/fogging in my glasses or goggles so i switched to mesh and havnt looked back since.

Comment

I have been looking at mesh but it's the debate stuff can sneak thru if some idiot is using cheap ammo etc...

Comment

Ive never had anything come through any of my different mesh goggles/masks and have never had a first hand experience with someone that has. In other words its rumours if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockesley View Post
          I have been looking at mesh but it's the debate stuff can sneak thru if some idiot is using cheap ammo etc...
          Yes but its never happened.
          The only issue is cheap mesh.
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
            Touché lol

Comment

I've had eternal frustration with glasses and non-mesh goggles due to unrelenting steaming up. Consequently I tried mesh which eliminated that problem but introduced another. I have pretty bad eyesight and the distortion of mesh renders it even worse, makes playing near impossible.

Anyway, I had a genius idea and ordered a crap pair of kids glasses to my prescription then took off the legs and used the left side for my weakest eye and mounted it inside my ACM mesh goggles and it solved EVERYTHING. The lens isn't closed in enough to steam and whilst playing I don't have the impression I'm wearing mesh goggles.

Either way, I'll never go back to non-mesh. I'll probably invest in some Heroshark goggles at some stage though, they're the dogs b*llocks.

Comment

Another shout out for Hero Shark goggles - the Dogs danglies! And not that expensive - £25-30
                'Old school wood and steel, thats the way they were built in the good times!'

Comment

I grabbed a couple of tiny PC fans and rigged it on my ESS Goggles which work well. You can try to grab some cheap turbo fan type clone goggles so you don't have to hand make something...

Comment

Coming from paintball(years and years) I'd tried every mask available and every anti-fog solution.
                    I tried the Bolle's but I wasn't happy with the side protection and the "moron-on-field" factor so I went mesh.
                    I found with them focusing was sometimes weird,as soon as daylight faded vision was an issue and trying to look through scopes was impossible.
                    I've gone back to goggs ESS after reccommendations on here and sunday just gone was the first time I've never had goggs mist up,I use the anti-fog wipe and have removed the dust filters.
                    I was sceptical but now I'd also reccomend them.

Comment

Originally posted by Minotaur View Post
                      Another shout out for Hero Shark goggles - the Dogs danglies! And not that expensive - £25-30
                      You'll be asking for a cut of the profits at this rate.

Personally I'd go for the ESS V12's, which I did, as I have them.
                      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Regardless of what ever happens I highly highly suggest closed eyewhere. Personally I use Wiley X SG-1s with Heroshark Mesh inserts. Absolutley perfect.

Comment

As I mentioned I had a pair of Heroshark Mako's on order so here's a side by side comparison with the usual type of mesh goggles you see.

The base goggles are Bolle so are top notch and the bigger mesh lets a lot more light in - I'm looking forward to using them on my next game day.

Comparison below:

Comment

Visor style ballistic glasses (I use Wiley-X Sabre Advanced, but the fit for YOU is far more important than brand names) and an anti-fog wipe (I've used Cat Crap or whatever it's called and more recently Smith Optics, the later being far better)

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                              Actually...a guy in Bristol nearly lost his eye when a bb hit the edge of a metal clip on his goggles and shattered - good quality mesh and good quality bb's but a one in a million freak shot- thankfuly he's recovered but the issue with mesh is there.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lockesley www.punishertacticalairsoftuk.blogspot.com Find out more about Lockesley
                              Working...
                              X