Carrying M4 VN magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying M4 VN magazines

Just looking for advice/opinions on carrying the short VN magazines.
    At present they sit in my standard M4 pouches on my TAS chest rig,
    obviously in the heat of the moment they can be a little tricky to change mag.
    Any advice on carrying these better than M4 pouches?
    Thanks

Re: Carrying M4 VN magazines

will the short open shingles in conjunction with magpuls make life any easier for you?

Less of the mag is retained on a standard mag... possibly enough to expose the base of a Vn style mag? Even if you stick with your mag pouches, magpuls or ranger plates will make your life easier.

Comment

+1 on what loki said, normal pouches but stick a magpul on them

Comment

Or, if you're handy with a SWA, and wood, cut some blocks and place them in the bottom of your mag pouches, so that the mag is more easy to access.

Comment

I'll have to give that a go. Worried they will look ridiculous though

Comment

I think starscream is onto something here, although rather than using wood I would use high density foam inserts, less rattle and less chance of damaging the mags. easy to remove for normal mag use as well.

The other option is to get yourself some VN webbing.
            Team Chimera Captain.
            Assaulter/Scout Sniper/General sneaky B***ard!

Armoury:
            TM M14, ICS M4 RIS, KA M4SD, ICS MP5 SD6 (for sale), TM MP5 SWAT, Tanaka M700 (for sale), TM VSR-10, TM Sig P226, TM 1911A1, TM Mk.23 SOCOM.

Comment

Use a vietnam m16 bandoleer, holds 7 mags and can sit across your modern chestrig. Yes, it may not be the quickest way to get to your mags however it is a really easy and useful way of carrying them.

Comment

If you double tape them like afghan style they will be long enough to easily grab from your webbing

Comment

^ Afghan style???

Give me strength...
                  Team Chimera Captain.
                  Assaulter/Scout Sniper/General sneaky B***ard!

Armoury:
                  TM M14, ICS M4 RIS, KA M4SD, ICS MP5 SD6 (for sale), TM MP5 SWAT, Tanaka M700 (for sale), TM VSR-10, TM Sig P226, TM 1911A1, TM Mk.23 SOCOM.

Comment

Afghan style? Jesus wept!
                    "Someone please get this muppet some skills!"

Comment

Lol

Comment

For Molle use could you not try some 7.62 pouches? they may be a tad wide but height should be ok.

Z1 dont seem to sell them but a quick interweb search for 7.62 ammo pouch should provide what i mean. (forum rules prevent me from linking to it!)
                        TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Going to try to fabricate something up with some kind of foam, wood seems overly heavy!
                          Seen the M16 webbing, good idea, but as mentioned a pain to carry.

Comment

glue a some flexible plastic which can be inserted into the pouch to one side. Make sure its long enough so when you put a mag in it goes down both sides and leaves a tab on the outside which to can pull which will pull up the mag to get them out quickly.

If you get my drift
                            Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by BioShocked View Post
                              glue a some flexible plastic which can be inserted into the pouch to one side. Make sure its long enough so when you put a mag in it goes down both sides and leaves a tab on the outside which to can pull which will pull up the mag to get them out quickly.

If you get my drift
                              do you mean sleeves inside the pouch, that you lift, which in turn lifts the mag up?
                              Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Smeg2727 Find out more about Smeg2727
                              Working...
                              X