Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What PLCE pouch would make a good dump pouch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What PLCE pouch would make a good dump pouch?

I've picked up some OD PLCE webbing but, as I'm using mids as much as possible, need a dump pouch on there.

What pouch would be best? I've been told that a respirator case is good, is that right?

And, it's worth a try, does anyone have the appropriate pouch (OD only, not DPM) going spare that they'd like to sell me on Sunday at GZW?
    sigpic

Re: What PLCE pouch would make a good dump pouch?

I've never found a PLCE pouch that is old for use as a dump pouch. Purely because PLCE pouches are designed to be closed.

I used a respirator haversack for a while but gave up in favour of the 'Brecon pocket' - which, if you don't know, is the art of dumping your pouches down your shirt/smock and being held in by the webbing belt, but that may be impractical if running more than say 6 mags.

Comment

As above, PLCE pouches are designed to be closed shut.
      The problem if you leave them open is the quick releases are very loud and will bounce. Quite annoying!

I suggest a respirator pouch or utility pouch. The latter being more common in OD.

The best thing to do would be having a go at some home tailoring.

Cut an opening in the top of the pouch and re-enforce the opening with material.

You can then dump the mags through the hole without leaving the whole pouch open.

Alternatively you may wish to consider the entrenching tool pouch, or even strap on an actual olive dump pouch, but ofcourse this won't be PLCE.

Comment

Ive been using two of the utility pouches on the back, but if your putting more than 3 mags into each one then there is a risk of them falling out again whilst your moving round.
        : + Shock 'N' Awe + : : + Play 'N' Kill + :

Comment

The respirator pouch can be fastened with Velcro and and poppers.

If using one of those i would modify it a little.

Cut out the dividers on the inside
          Cut a letterbox into the top flap and reinforce as suggested above
          Fix a piece of elastic webbing to the inside of the lid, that is longer and wider than the letterbox (only stitch along the short edges)

Now when you stuff a mag into the letterbox, the elastic will move but return to position, preventing your mags from falling out. Open it normally in the safe zone for ammo re-pens.

You may want to consider a leg strap also in case you want to remove it from the webbing belt and run it on your thigh.

Comment

Hey Man, Im in the cadets aswell and on my battle camp i had a PLCE with Respirator Pouch, Everybody else just had one small pouch at the back but i had that I managed to fit 2 large mess tins, 5 ration Packs, Small Bottles of tabasco and some sweets and other stuff alongside my Shemagh. I would seriously reccomend it for a handy pouch as it can fit pretty much anything, maybe even a sneaky little Smg for arguements sake. Hope this helps.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Monster Airsofter View Post
              Hey Man, Im in the cadets aswell and on my battle camp i had a PLCE with Respirator Pouch, Everybody else just had one small pouch at the back but i had that I managed to fit 2 large mess tins, 5 ration Packs, Small Bottles of tabasco and some sweets and other stuff alongside my Shemagh. I would seriously reccomend it for a handy pouch as it can fit pretty much anything, maybe even a sneaky little Smg for arguements sake. Hope this helps.
              You dont need 2 mess tins or 5 ration packs. Only 1 (small) tin and next main meal. Snacks should be in smock pockets. You really carry too much.

I would say an LMG pouch but you would need to spray it. You could seriously modify an S6/old S10 haversack to stop it bouncing. Perhaps a leg strap of some sort.

Comment

Going to do this with mine, cut a letter box opening in the lid as suggested earlier, then sew some neoprene rubber (from an old wetsuit) on the inside of the lid across the opening, then cut a slit in the rubber big enough to fit a mag through it and hey presto 1 dump pouch

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
                But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

ive attached a standard dump pouch to my plce by using an extra utility strap weaving though the molle loops around the hippo pad and pull tight then sniper tape up the losse ends

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen-Man View Post
                    You dont need 2 mess tins or 5 ration packs. Only 1 (small) tin and next main meal. Snacks should be in smock pockets. You really carry too much.

No not really, Having Two mess tins boil the rations better with less to now visible steam which is better that way the enemy cant see the steam, The rations usually consist of two Main meals ( Rice and Massala for example ) A lunch ( Biscuits or Pasta ) a Breakfast ( Beans and Bacon, Beans and Sausage etc ) So thats a a decent amount of Rations. Its for cadets at the end of the day.
                    sigpic

Comment

If the enemy can find you from the steam of your rations your in sh1t state anyway.

Im aware of whats in rations, my civvie job is for the MoD where ratioms get sent from. You only carry your next meal in your webbing, rest in your daysack/bergan.

In Afghan that changes again to all your rations in your daysack/wagon.

You seem to forget that 24 hour rations are that, for 24 hours. Exactly the same for 12 hour/patrol/airborne (insert other walty name), are for 12 hours.

Comment

we was always told to keep 24hrs worth of rations on our person and in our belt kit so snacks where put into smock pockets and the meals where in belt kit, mess tin wise 1 was used for cooking and the other for used for washing/shaving

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
                        But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

At ITC we got taught one mess tin, used for both cooking and shaving. One meal in webbing, snacks in smock pockets, the rest in your daysack/bergan. The bergan 'system' is also part of your PLCE.

Comment

I can see your points, But supposing your lieing in ambush for 5-6 hours at day? Your going to want your meals on you rather than leaving them at the FOB, Either way each day we would move at 10 am to a new FOB so all our rations were kept on us anyway.
                            sigpic

Comment

If youre in an ambush you shouldnt be cooking anyway. When the enenmy come along the trail and the LMGs start going bang you want to be amongst it instead of scrambling to square your red hot hexi burner away.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Caveira Find out more about Caveira
                              Working...
                              X