Full face protection with snipers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full face protection with snipers.

So guys I have a problem, my site reccommends full face protection and i'm not being a wimp but I'd rather like my teeth to stay in my mouth. The problem is that how do I roll with full face protection and a sniper scope?
    Cheers Dranyam.

Wear a gumshield

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

(youul keep all your teeth, and not be obstucted)
      Edit: or wear a shemagh, itll stop thee bbs.

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: Full face protection with snipers.

I reccommend you use the lower part of a sansei mask with shock cord strap- very thin, but keeps teeth in place, possibly cut down a bit with some holes in it. I also reccommend a set of army issue ess ice glasses and a baseball cap. Btw, all sites reccommend full face to save their backsides from being sued.

Comment

Great idea! Can't believe I didn't think of that! I'll have to dig out the fitted one from my rugby days. As for the shemagh tad hot and wheezy for my liking but worth a try.
          Cheers Dranyam

Comment

Is there a mesh counterpart for the sansei idea? Breathing freely is a priority due to darn asthma! Lol.
            Cheers Dranyam

Comment

The shemagh would help with camouflage.

Comment

I am in the same boat for demi-sniping wit my M4 and Elcan optics.

I was recommended a Swiss Eye SWAT mask pro.

It is a 3/4 face Neoprene mask with built in ballistic eye protection. It will be a bit warm, but if you are a good sniper, you won't be moving all that much!

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                  Wear a gumshield
                  Do not do this under any circumstance.

If you want to get really in close to a scope and be protected you can get half face mesh masks for under a tenner and wear them with low profile shooting glasses or goggles, works just fine.
                  - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
                  - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

I am in the same boat for demi-sniping wit my M4 and Elcan optics.

I was recommended a Swiss Eye SWAT mask pro.

It is a 3/4 face Neoprene mask with built in ballistic eye protection. It will be a bit warm, but if you are a good sniper, you won't be moving all that much!

Comment

A sansei mask lower with small holes drilled in the sides will breathe fine. A neoprene mask will cause fogging & vents allow bbs to break your teeth. A gumshield will cause your lip to split open if you get shot there, and may not fully protect your teeth.

Comment

I personaly use low profile mesh goggles and a neoprene face protector no matter what.
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - My Youtube channel.

Comment

i wear a half mesh mask and i find i cant get my face close enough to the cheek rest to be able to look down the scope.

however as a sniper you need to follow the minimum engagement rule.. so at the distance youll be shooting your teeth are safe, just pull the mask up when you get closer to people. i keep mine down until i enter a building or such.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dranyam Find out more about Dranyam
                          Working...
                          X