Starting tactical Vest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting tactical Vest?

What would be best to use as a starting tactical vest? i have a budget of around £30, and it needs to be able to be used with a camelbak, and also g3 mags. The two i am looking at now are: Viper LA Special Forces, OR, Viper SA Assault Vest?
    "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Re: Starting tactical Vest?

They're slightly different , ie ones more webbing orientated (SAAV) and the others a vest. I would got for the SAAV, but thats cus i like carrying stuf :D
    EDIT: u might as well save up for a PLCE and get some G3 surplus mag pouches, or whatever the germans used to use.

Comment

SAAV Ftw, i got one

Comment

if anyone has a saav can they try and find out if a g3 mag will fit? xD
        "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

dont have a g3 mag :S, by the looks of how big they are i think you could ATLEAST hold 3 in it, but im not sure the exact size of the g3 mag, if i were you i'd buy it, it would probably hold more than 3

Comment

well, i think i may treat myself to one. As really, al i need it to hold is 2 hi caps and im fine. But, can it be used with a camelbak?

Comment

think so, it has one of those things at the bag, big thing to put stuff in

Comment

i use a viper Sa i love it

Comment

i love how nobody has said they use the LA yet.. unanymous decision then i think?

Comment

May I point you in the direction of the Warrior Assault Systems kit? A bit more expensive dependant on what you pick but by far a better buy. If you really can't wait or decide on anything better, the SAAV would probably be the better choice.

Out of interest, what Camelback are you using? Is it a stand alone one or are you planning to put a bladder in the vest you pick?

Comment

I started out with a SAAV and quickly found it wasn't as versitile as i needed.
                      How many mags are you planning to carry/ do you have?
                      I've run a few 7.62 mag size AEG's and to be honest good old brit plce webbing set (Yoke, 2 x twin mag pouches and a General perpose pouch) was ampl, gave me a carrying capacity of 8 mags. The other advantage is that if you change your load out and AEG means you don't have to change your vest. The load i've listed can carry 12 M4 mags.
                      Your local surplus store will have used ones of these in for your budget.
                      Ratty
                      Trader Feedback.
                      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
                      http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Hmm, looked at some army surplus but quite alot of them are £60+. and the fact i need to get the gun as well doesnt help!
                        and sorry to Hi-Jack my own thread, but, does anyone know if you can do a graphic design on a two tone gun? Ie, Stock, foregrip, and pistolgrip PINK, and the stock done with a wolfs head down the side in black?

Btw Camelback is a stand alone ex army issue.
                        Last edited by Raguri; 20 December, 2009, 22:14. Reason: Stupid Mistakes Cost Lives.. And Also Cost Me Angering The Mods :)

Comment

the viper saav is a great starter vest, fits the smaller players nice and snugg
                          since my saav ive moved on to warrior and i find i exellent. though it doesnt fit me as well, but that is because i have a skinny build :p
                          other than that i would definately recomend warrior as im not sure that the g3 mags will fit in the mag pouches, BUT, most of the warrior kit is molle so you can buy some of their 7.62 mag pouches to go onto the front, as im sure they will fit. however you may need to search you tube on how to thread molle loops if you go for this option.

Comment

tbh, will probs go for the SAAV, been highly reccomender by all, and also would suit the loadout im thinking of quite well..

Comment

LA special forces vest in OD.
                              "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Raguri 5 years off, now looking at finally dusting off the ol' girl and getting some games in. Find out more about Raguri
                              Working...
                              X