Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Best Manufacturer of affordable Multicam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Manufacturer of affordable Multicam?

I've decided its time to buy some new Multicam as mine is battered and tatty now.

But i'm facing a tough decision: Who's multicam do I buy?

My current set is Helikon and I'm not going to buy it again. It faded after about 2 washes, and kept losing colour after each wash... so now it looks like a bag of ****...

Can anyone reccomend a hardwearing yet Affordable manufacturer of MC?

Cheers

Re: Best Manufacturer of affordable Multicam?

Propper

Comment

I used to have propper and it seemed to rip in the crotch area all the time! I now have tru spec and its great. The trousers even have knee pad inserts so you can buy their neoprene pads and put them in there.

Comment

+1 for Propper, ive got their A-TACS AU and mate of mine has their Multicam, extremely high quality just make sure its washed properly and you will be laughing

Comment

Definitely go with the genuine stuff. I've had a set of reddraggony replicas and they've been ripped and the colours have run and they've only had three games with them. The real stuff doesn't fade nor does it rip easily.

Comment

also depends on your idea of affordable :-P i remember paying £120 to import some used issue marpat gear before it even hit the uk. was a bargain to me at the time! had it like 6 years and its still like brand new :-P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Thanks for all of the replies, you've been extremely helpful.

After browsing on a uk site that can't be named, i've found propper multicam and ATACS for really good prices!

thanks again guys

Comment

I use the Helikon and don't have any problems with fading etc. Interesting to know though, will keep an eye on it!

Comment

Propper is heavy weight stuff, can't see any of their BDUs wearing through any time soon. For the real deal stuff it is certainly available at very reasonable prices in the UK at some tactical stores.

5.11 also do some MC kit, more pricey, but I find their TDU trousers a lot more comfortable and better cut with better designed features. Haven't been that impressed by tru-spec personally, their neoprene inserts for knee pads are really quite shocking; the 5.11 equivalents are a good thickness and overall size so provide plenty of actual padding, but you might as well blow a fart inside the knee pockets of your trousers instead of putting the tru-spec pads in there. 'Wafer' doesn't even cover it.
                  REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

i never wash my camo, so helikon is great

Comment

Helikon UBACS is pretty tight on my shoulders and im really not a big guy. tall but not big.
                      Originally posted by B.E.N.
                      Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

Originally posted by Mightymage View Post
                        I used to have propper and it seemed to rip in the crotch area all the time! I now have tru spec and its great. The trousers even have knee pad inserts so you can buy their neoprene pads and put them in there.
                        My trousers from Propper have the insert pockets too. It's to do with the style you buy (BDU, TCU, SFU, etc.), not the brand.
                        My Propper jacket has elbow pad pockets too (same size pads as the trousers.

And I think you'll find Helikon's pattern is "Cammogrom" (sp?), not MultiCam.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman92 View Post
                          Niiiiiiiice....

Comment

Some of the ACM stuff is very nice, the emerson Gen 2/3's is what I have and they are very good for the money. The 'propper' stuff is good, but the material feels cardboardy even after use and washing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifleman92 View Post
                              I feel sorry for the people that have to play with you

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pricey You wanna know? Ask me... Find out more about Pricey
                              Working...
                              X