Mixing black with DPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixing black with DPM

Hello, i have seen a few assault vests i like however they are only available in black. I was just wandering, does a black assault vest go well and look good with woodland DPM camo? any pictures as an example would be much appreciated

Cheers,
    Interdiction

Re: Mixing black with DPM

You're going to get a mixed response here.
    Personally I think it looks daft and is less effective as a camo effect than od, though at the ranges airsofters play this is largely immaterial. Other folk will love it as it looks leet.
    Depends on the type of game you play: for general skirmishes it doesn't matter but for milsim you may wish you had picked a more tactical colour
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
    George Carlin

Comment

You see it all the time I play at GZW and it works well there also works ok in the urban scenareo but as Angry Pirate says you will get a mixed responce fella.

Comment

To be fair it has its advantages and Disadvantages, If you were to be sneaking around a grassy area, the black vest will stand out more than a sore thumb, But in cqb enviroments or FIBUA ( Fighting in Built up areas ) Then the black would work pretty well in my opinion, What is your main skirmish site, a woodland or Urban?
        sigpic

Comment

I'd go for an OD or DPM one if you can

I have a black vest i wear, it doesnt really distract too much from the camo IMO. Since im holding a large black weapon in front of the vest anyway ¬_¬.
          Next up on my things to buy though is a new set of camo and matching vest.
          Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

I'm fairly sure someone asked this a while back, had pictures too, might be worth a look?
            Originally posted by Lt. Macka
            big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Possibly dragging it off topic but what sort of vest are you looking at that only comes in black?
              As said above, it depends on where you intend to skirmish but you may find that a vest is too hot / cumbersome for woodland anyway as it will cover too much torso for effective sweat / heat escape and is likely to have pockets that you don't need and will be tempted to fill with random gubbins. A light chest rig or belt kit is probably the way to go for woodland. If you want a vest, you could consider a plate carrier then you can select a good variety of colours and shift pouches about to suit.
              "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
              George Carlin

Comment

Its the Viper hong kong style assault vest i do beleive

Comment

What weapon are you running it with? I had one of those for urban back in the dim distant and used PLCE webbing for woodland. Only used it a few times before selling it on. Whilst it looked the part, I couldn't carry enough primary mags in it and I ended up lobbing all kinds of cack in the pouches.
                  There are some much more useful rigs out there now for similar money. The Viper copy of the SAAV would be more useful generally and there is a Karrimor version on these very forums for sale at the mo pretty cheap!
                  George Carlin

Comment

The other idea was a webtex crossdraw vest, but the weapon i would be using would be an MP5

Comment

Sorry to double post, but is the viper SAAV any good? cheers

Comment

TBH I've never used Viper but there's a lot of snobbery regarding their kit.
                        Assault vests seem to have had their day a bit as folk play more milsim / emulate the real steel loadouts that are cropping up.
                        My mate had a crossdraw very early on but never got on with it. Issue being that his primary mags were on the wrong side, i.e. under his right arm making reloads difficult.

You could pick up an uber-cheap rig / belt and molle mp5 pouches to it. You could add a holster and pistol mag pouches and have a good general purpose set up that evolves with your gaming style.
                        With the proliferation of cheap chinese copies it doesn't have to break the bank either!
                        George Carlin

Comment

In regards to the Viper HK vest and the SAAV, I can't say I find them particularly useful: the HK vest has only a pair of usable rifle mag pouches, the rest is for assorted tat. It's based off a vest designed for police use, so it's designed to carry enough equipment for a short op, and all the stuff a cop needs to carry, which is mostly non-weapons related.

The SAAV, on the other hand is based off a load bearing vest designed for military use, and as such has a huge carrying capacity for all the stuff a soldier needs. The part I didn't get on with was the cluttered arrangement of the magazine pouches, which I found unergonomic, but everyone has different experiences.

If you're just starting out, the SAAV is probably your best bet at the moment. I recommend saving up for a MOLLE rig or similar in future, but in the meantime, you need to evaluate if you actually need to upgrade based on your experience, the weapon(s) you're running and how much kit you carry out in the field.

Comment

There are gear items around of a higher quality than Viper/web-tex for less money. That isn't being snobbish, that's just pure gear buying common sense.

BULLE make a couple of really solid chest rigs that are about £25 with different levels of integrated pouches for the budget player or MOLLE webbing for those who want the extra adaptability.
                            REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

It works fine and there is no reason shy you cant mix DPM and black, I usually wear DPM trousers, black 1941 pattern SAS smock and DPM Arktis chest rig it works well. Its arsoft at the end of he day and anyone who tells you you cant mix the two is a nob so wear what you want.
                              HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Interdiction Find out more about Interdiction
                              Working...
                              X