Necessary airsoft gear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necessary airsoft gear...

Ok, so lots of people have lots of accessories to complete their loadout, but what items are actually needed whilst skirmishing? Items such as headsets etc don't seem that necessary to me... What do you think?

Re: Necessary airsoft gear...

A GUN! CLOTHES (Pref camos) Boots, holster if you got a pistol, extra mags and one war face.

Comment

you dont think a headset and a walkie talkie is necesary at first.. well it isnt but it helps alot!

Comment

There is the minimum, anything more than that improves the game that you play - whether it's practicality or enjoyment. I would say the minimum is everything you need to survive/maintain health (I.E food/water) and everything you need to enjoy yourself. You could argue that you don't even need a gun, some people just enjoy sneaking around.

Comment

necessary

erm
          gun
          battery (in the gun)
          eye protection
          bb's

thats it for the basics
          Originally posted by Teddykiller
          I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

Depend on how you play. As a squad then yes you will need radios but you are right they aren't necessary to start the hobby. Necessary i would say these in no particualr order.

Gun/pistol

DPM of some sort or at least Olive couloured clothing

Decent footwear

Face protection

Head protection either, Replica/real steel or baseball cap,beret or woollen hat

Torch for indoor or night games, mainly for safety so you dont fall.

Speedloader again not necessary but useful.

Small toolkit for minor gun and equipment repairs, ie screwdrivers,allenkeys

Gloves again not necessary but will save those nasty finger hits

Gumshield if you dont want to lose your teeth, it has happened

Eye protection, either mask or goggles

Gun bag for taking your stuff safely to the site as carrying it in the open is
            not recommended

Some sort of webbing/rig to carry your equipment

Thats all I can think of but someone will add to it
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

All depend on your type of play.

All types of play -
              Good eye protection - I've had several pairs trying to find a pair that didn't leave me bling when i started sweating and breathing heavy, use Revision Sawfly at the mo.
              Good boots - I've been to events where the carefullest of guys have tripped, slipped and fallen, a few resulted in airlifts to hospital. have 2 pairs for 2 camo colours - Black are Highlander Sympatex A.T.F Boot, tan are Elite Spider 8.0.
              relaiable AEG, good battery and a good sling. My 1st AEG was a chinasoft Wellfire G3SAS. Cheap, looked good, thought it would be fine. Alas it turned out the AEG, battery and charger were all wired back to front, so when the spare battery went in, none working AEG.
              Vest. Started with a SAAV, moved on through several types since, now have Warrior RICAS compact.

MILSIM.
              Comms are a nessecity for these type of games, believe me. I did one MILSIM with comms down, spent more time searching for my squad out of respawn than actually in combat.
              Loadsa mid caps. Milsim generally has ammo restriction, and you tend to be out for more time than a normal skirmish game lasts, so plenty of mags are a must. 12 Classic Army mid caps suffice for me.

I could continue on for hours, but i won't. I'll add 1 last item, vasoline. stops chafing.

Ratty
              Trader Feedback.
              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
              http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Originally posted by comeback View Post
                you dont think a headset and a walkie talkie is necesary at first.. well it isnt but it helps alot!
                been softing for 2 years and have never personally been in a situation where i've needed a radio. that's what runners are for. :D

but i've been thinking of converting one of these... ( see attatchment below (: )

and i'd say gloves, ones with good grip.

Comment

Bare minimum as far as I'm concerned; a gun (plus batts mags etc) & decent foot wear. Face protection you can usually get on site & who NEEDS camo's? I've played in jeans & a hoody a fair few times. You don't need radios as far as I'm concerned, I've been playing for almost 10 years & I've never used one, lone wolf or in a team . . .
                  Originally posted by The Laughing Man
                  Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

A sense of humor!

Comment

use what you feel helps you, with me i use a radio to listen in on or find out who hold where, and have a head set so you can bet a lot more stealthy. something else i carry on my webbing which you don't really need but i have is a small first aid kit for use on yourseft.

but i'm with millzy abit, if you can get away with the bare minimum, do so, but sometimes it's not easy, eg with me the bare minimum i can get away with is my sniper load out, which is 1x my mate's l96, 1x p90, 2x l96 mags, 4x p90 mags, a punch for a speed loader, a punch for a grav loader, a punch for a radio, and a punch for a 5000bb bag
                      Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

Go to sites hire option mine offered a AEG and battery, 2 high cap mags, BB's a vest to carry them in and a face mask that and yourself is all you need to play.

If your kitting yourself out then you dont even need a vest if you have pockets but would agree with everyone who recommends good boots

Comment

as a friend of my says,
                          Bombs
                          Mags
                          Comms

DONE.

Comment

Over all you need to be honest. It makes the day long and tiresome when your playing against the kevlar army. I know thats not equipment but its nessersary.
                            "Obedience breeds discipline, discipline breeds unity, unity breeds power, power is life"
                            Welcome to Umbrella

Comment

Yourself?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RastaBlasta Find out more about RastaBlasta
                              Working...
                              X