Best Multicam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Multicam?

Hi all, been looking to start putting together a loadout based around Multicam, however I am not sure about what multicam to go for. The two I have seen are 'Propper' Multicam and 'Tru Spec'. What is better?(bearing in mind i want a jacket and trousers) and the jacket has to be relatively thick

Cheers.

Re: Best Multicam...?

both are very good mate, I have bits of each, I also have the Stalker BDU's with built in pads in MC, VERY nice, but they arent allowed to sell them anymore, (doesnt harm to ask though )

Avoid the chinky stuff, wash it once and bye bye colour also, with regards to webbing, they all seem to have a pinky tone to them, looks pants! aim for something like flyye or a well known brand, something with the multicam tag on it

Comment

Re: Best Multicam?

Go for some Ops Gear BDUs, if you can deal with the price tag. Closest you're gonna get to Crye ones without being in the military.

Comment

Cheers for the replies,

I've seen the propper multicam ones on 2 sites, however both are only done in XXXX-Large, and theres no way they will fit me lol. Gunna have to keep looking.

Comment

4xl maybe i should have a look at these lol although will probarly bee bit big.
          why cant we all just get along??

Comment

lol, been looking about and Uk ******** have all the propper stuff in loadsa sizes, might wanna check it out.
            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 23 December, 2009, 21:13. Reason: retailer removal

Comment

Best not mention sites as against the rules... lol.

Multicam....

Trousers, simply must go for the OPS one with inbuilt kneepads. I got mine for £60, now that does seem a lot but they will outlast everything, and the inbuild kneepads means no more scraping knees to bits, and no pads swinging round ankles all day.

As for shirt, OPS, Propper or Tru-Spec are the big few. Much the same.

Webbing, by far the best value is Condor. Genuine, at almost replica prices. Also has multicam flaps on pouches, rather than brown. Which makes a lot more sense when trying to be camo. :D

Comment

Zeroin's clothes shop military madness also sell multicam clothing take a look there.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                  Zeroin's clothes shop military madness also sell multicam clothing take a look there.
                  You could if they showed any pictures of it.....

Not had the best experience with their multicam in all honesty. Both pairs of G-Tac gloves fell apart, and the Tru-Spec pistol mag pouch, which I checked over the phone to have camo flaps, .....had CB covers.

Comment

Save up and get the crye gear. Load Bearing - Condor and I belive HSS.

Comment

Have you used the Crye gear to make any comparison?

Last time I looked Crye trousers were over £120 (without pads) and I can't really see how they would differ over OPS ones?

Comment

The best multi-cam will be the British one when it comes out. Just wait until surplus stores are full of the real deal kit
                        SAVE OUR SPORT
                        http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Originally posted by Krayzee View Post
                          Save up and get the crye gear. Load Bearing - Condor and I belive HSS.
                          heh, you reccomend the most expensive multicam clothing, then advise condor (cheap and nasty) and HSS (expensive and not all that) I'd go with pantac or something for the gear atleast.

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by apmaman View Post
                            The best multi-cam will be the British one when it comes out. Just wait until surplus stores are full of the real deal kit
                            OP is probably looking for some kit now, not in 2012 or 2013 which is the earliest it would be into a surplus store!

Comment

Give it a year or so untill MTP pops up in surplus stores?
                              "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RastaBlasta Find out more about RastaBlasta
                              Working...
                              X