Grab bags, any one use one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grab bags, any one use one ?

I’ve tried several vests and I have to be honest I just can’t get on with them. A belt kit is pretty cool and I have no problem with drop legs, but the thing I found most comfortable to skirmish in and still carry stuff was my 5.11 concealed carry vest. But although it is very good if you want to carry just that bit more stuff a grab bag would seem ideal. Does any one else use one ?

I used a swedish gasmask bag Last time i was out instead of webbing it was much fun and worked well for my glock extended mags gas n loader combo and ok for thr next game with the m16 mags.

Theres also a bloke at stormforce who uses a side bag think its one of the branded ones
    So ya not alone

meddy

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Re: Grab bags, any one use one ?

i use a tactical man bag from maxpedition. best bit of kit. can instal a holster into it and can carry all my mp9 mags. winner!
      Looking for a Harris style Bipod with 20mm RIS mount.

Comment

i use an early issue MTP grab bag, its an awesome piece of kit. and usually all i need.

Left side pockets esily fit pea/ball grenades (they are meant for frags anyway). i put a bottle of BB's in the smoke grenade pouch at the right hand side, and each mag pouch itself holds 3x m4 mags (9x mags total) and the top has a sealable velcro and elastic gap to turn the main body of the bag into a dump pouch.

i use it for events when i dont want the vest weight. and i rarely use more than six mids anyway. so i usual end up taking (in just theb ag alone)

6x M4 mags,
        3x speed loaders
        1x radio (in the right hand side smoke pouch)
        2x grenades (one in each grenade pouch)
        atleast another 5smokes/grenades in side the bag,
        some mars bars,
        a can of coke,
        and sometimes my phone

and it still has room for me to dump all of my mids into on top of that and more. well worth the buy if you can get one. Warrior Assault systems do some fantastic ones with the same-ish layout (would have got one but this was up cheap) i think they also do more compact versions in DPM and i have seen some in DDPM.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66644228@N05/7183712050

Comment

I've found the 5.11 bailout bag to be great. Holds six M4 mags and has molle panel inside plus the 5.11 Velcro panel of attaching pouches and holsters. Ran this along with a 5.11 belt rig to carry my pistol with mags and a radio.
          As dzxnib1 said WAS do some nice bags, as do blackhawk. I used a fist gen blackhawk battle bag for a while and found the cover over the front of the bag to be a real pain. Helikon do a cheap (about £20) Multicam grab bag thats got molle on it so you can swap out and change any pouches you want to run on it.

Comment

I've run a Swedish gas mask bag on a couple of occasions. apart from the lack of organization (an issue specific to that bag) my only other gripe was that on occasions it would swing around a bit, which wasn't the most comfortable

make/model wise, I've been impressed by my one from solo international, that I run as an every day bag.
            Not actually a builder
            Not actually called Bob.

Comment

I have two that I use. A flyye versatile accessories shoulder bag and helikon shoulder molle bag. Both are great for a multiple reasons they hold a lot, quick to put on and u can add to them. The flyye has a bigger capacity and two small pouches inside big enough for a radio so I fill it up with m4 mags and pistol mags and just grab what I need out of it whilst having an admin pouch on the front also its worth noting it has a padded back on it so it very comfortable. The helikon has a wide range of pockets inside and I usual use this as a sniper bag as one pocket fits my claymore perfectly and the others can fit a pistol, comms or pyro with plenty of room for some camo net. So that's my experience with bags and the two totally different styles of using them. Hope this helped.

Comment

Also I have a 5.11 rush 24 pack that I've used for a few games by having 2 fast mags on a belt and 20 real cap mags in the pack then just taking the bag off when in position and grabbing mags when needed.

Comment

I just use an old grab bag i bought from Republic years ago, not 'tactical' but does the job.
                  Couple of pockets on the outside for mags and comms then enough space in the main pocket to hold ammo and drink and any other little bits i cant fit in my vest

Comment

I've used the blackhawk battle bag and to be honest so long as you dont have to drop on your belt buckle every two minutes it's the only thing you'll need. Pouches/compartments/elastic loops to carry radio, mags, pistol, documents, first aid, water/food, gas, bag of bb's and space left over for dumping spent mags and anything else you want. The shoulder strap is adjustable and it also has a concealable waist strap to stop it bouncing around when running around. I've gathered alot of kit over the years and for a day skirmish I cant reccommend them enough!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Double 0 Jedi Find out more about Double 0 Jedi
                    Working...
                    X