Black Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Loadout

Done a lot of searching on here however the SAS isn't something that seems to be discussed very often without people getting their knickers in a twist

Basically I want to create an all black load out, as much as I appreciate the effort people put in to create a realistic load out it isn't really for me so I'm just going for an "black load out loosely based around the SAS"

I will be buying/already own the following stuff to go with the load out -

Black Converse boots (have them in tan at the moment and they're so comfortable I wouldn't even consider another make)
    Blackhawk drop leg holster
    S10 gas mask and having Heroshark ripping out all the valves and installing mesh to get a bit of airflow in it
    Painting my current Mich 2002 from OD to black

Now the main thing I am not sure on is the vest. I've seen a couple that I like and am only really after open top pouches as I much prefer them.

The two I have seen that I like is the Warrior one (own one in OD so know how good they are!), as mentioned I'd put open top pouches on it -

Or one called Bulldog, never heard of them and not convinced it looks as good quality as the WAS one? -

Any other vests I should be looking at?

Budget wise up to about £200 although would have to be a big improvement over the WAS one at £145ish delivered for me to go for it.

Any opinions on decent black vests and any input relating to black load outs would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Black Loadout

I have the Defcon5 PC in multicam. Its is exactly the same as the bulldog one you have pictured. The quality is great! Very comfy and fully adjustable.
    TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

Our whole team do black kit at CQB so we have a fair bit of experience in it. As a team we almost exclusively use black assault vests of the Blackhawk Omega type (or clones). This is down to the a variety of factors, although the primary one being very fast movement and lack of bulk/weight. Generally we feel we need grenades, shotgun shells and mags for primary and secondary weapons, nothing more, since usually we are very close to the safezone anyhow. Prices for assault vests start at £30 around the viper end of the scale up to about £120 for Blackhawk!.

I you're set on a PC, maybe the Flyye RAV in black?

I always try and keep everything but my pistol off my legs for CQB loadouts to avoid snagging. Dump pouch etc is on belts. I also find the Emerson trousers with inbuilt kneepads great. Keeping the number of patches and un-needed accessories on your weapon down also helps with the counter terrorist look. If you happen to find any good quality black double pistol mag and radio pouches as you search please do let me know, I haven't found any I'm happy with yet.

Comment

+1 On the blackhawk Vests.
        Managed to get the STRIKE vest off the forums here for £20, practically unused.
        Like yourself an all black loadout is what the majority of my team run also.

Comment

Thanks all, will check out the mentioned vests!

Any pics at all?

Comment

Comment

That's a pretty old iteration of my CQB loadout. Changes include:

- Primary is now a TM MP5A4 HC.
              - Trousers now Crye style with integrated kneepads.
              - Dump pouch moved up onto belt.
              - Different Blackhawk Omega vest with 'sniper' shoulder pads on both sides and capacity for 18 MP5 mags + grenades and comms.
              - Gasmask can be switched out for black baseball cap and mesh goggles/half mask dependant on site/heat.
              - Boots will eventually be switched out for Adidas GSGs and sidearm will change to a Glock18c.

Considering a MICH 2000 or Airframe as helmet options, although not really sure one is needed.

Comment

I'd avoid the Crossdraw ones, from experience the pistol is almost impossible to draw quickly or one handed, and is covered by your primary if you use a three point sling. In CQB in particular I find fast pistol draws with a Serpa vital, and so after using my crossdraw a while thought it better to get one with molle/pouches there and have the pistol on your leg or belt.

Comment

Hero shark does a quality job of the s10, me and 2 of my mates have them. I gutted the valves and filter in mine where as my mate didn't do any of that. The air flow between the 2 is identical, only advantage i have is the filter is a lot lighter being empty, problem is its a right pain to do and make look neat. I always hear snide comments behind my back "look at that dick head he's gunna sweat his tits off in that" but it's no more sweaty than a balaclava, you get a fair bit of liquid build up in the bottom of it but with me it's condensation not sweat. The S10 is the best bit of CQB equipment I've ver bought, for me anyway it makes me fearless going into rooms.

I also use the black Emerson combats with the in built knee pads - very good bits of kit and have saved my knees multiple times. I have the claw gear dpm ones, the Emerson's are pretty much an identical clone but 2 thirds of the price. I also use a black claw gear ubacs for CQB with in built elbow pads. I used a black Bulle plate carrier for years for CQB but it got too hot and bulky, after 7 years of airsoft I've now settled all my kit on molle belt rigs and drop legs - black for CQB and OD for woodland. I know it doesn't look like any real life load out but it's damn comfy and allows lots of movement and most importantly cuts the sweating down.
                  Last edited by mafu10; 24 September, 2012, 18:54. Reason: Fat finger spelling mistakes.

Comment

I get those comments too Mafu, although for every one snide comment, 2 or 3 people come up and tell me it looks cool. I don't find them uncomfortable except in the height of summer. and even then I think they aren't a great deal worse than a standard full face mask. Also worth noting with a gas mask you have full face protection that is designed to allow you to shoulder a weapon and look along it's sights while giving decent peripheral vision, something some airsoft masks don't seem to account for.

Comment

Thanks for all the input so far guys!

The WAS vest is still winning at the moment on the vest side of things, can't seem to find the Emerson black combats with built in knee pads though? They appeal to me massively as I like my Blackhawk V2's but integrated knee pads would 100% be better.

Comment

Ignore the patches and this is my black loadout;

I was always a plate carrier man myself but having used a chest rig on my Yowie and a black UTG Crossdraw Vest with the police look, I have say plate carriers are so clumbersome and uncomfortable in comparison.

Don't write off all crossdraw vests. Mine came with 2 mag pouches which can be added in place of the holster meaning the issue of quickdrawing can be eliminated by using another holster, elsewhere.

For trousers I use a pair of Dickies work trousers. Tough, cheap, comfortable and you can add some kneepads inside the knee pockets! what more could you ask for?

I use a black wicking polo and a fleece jacket in the winter, and just the polo in summer. Why does your shirt need to be tactical? I would recommend something wicking as a necessity, outside of that is just personal preference, or gucci.
                        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

theres a shop on ebay that sells the emerson gear chunks!
                          Mitch

Comment

Yeah got 'em cheers!

Comment

I'm considering going for navy coveralls instead now, any recommendations? Don't mind spending a bit of money for a decent set?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X