Corpo de Fuzileiros (Portuguese marines) loadout - picture heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corpo de Fuzileiros (Portuguese marines) loadout - picture heavy

The problem with having a Portuguese wife and a liking for different kit!

Reference photos:

A good view of the vest, but with the newer DPM:

And here's what I've come up with:

The shirt and trousers are genuine Portuguese surplus Lizard pattern, which has now been replaced by DPM. Their marines were the last to use Lizard and were still wearing it when serving with SFOR, which is why I've gone for that era with the patches and epaulettes.

The Portuguese military use vests made specially for them by Blackhawk, so I went for the nearest match I could find. As they wear a darker version and one that is closer to CB, that's the one I went for. It's difficult to see, but the pouches on my vest are arid woodland, with plain covers. I've got my eyes on a cheap shirt to make some new patterned covers.

The beret is not a Portuguese one (it's German navy to be exact), but the beret badge is genuine.

The top patch on the right shoulder is a genuine Agrupamento Golf (Golf Group) patch. This was the last Portuguese contingent serving with SFOR and, though not strictly accurate as they were a mechanised battalion, this was the only genuine unit patch I could find that also included the SFOR logo. It's not impossible that there may have been some marines attached to them, but I'm not going to claim this is 100% correct. Below that is a SFOR standard patch.

On the left side, the top patch is the Fuzileiros (Marines) one. Below that is the Portuguese flag and at the bottom is the Armada (Navy) patch. These are all genuine patches and imported direct.

The epaulettes are again genuine. Plus, as a bonus, though they are out of date when compared to current Portuguese Marines uniforms, they are correct for the era when they served with SFOR. I picked these up from a military outfitter in the middle of Lisbon for €5 - reduced from €15 as they were old stock!

The name tape is over the right breast pocket, Portuguese military style.

I don't have a G3A4, and can't see me spending money on one at the moment, so I'll stick with my 416 (they use 417s) or FAL (which they used to use back in the colonial days). The only problem with the FAL, or a G3 if I get one, is that 2 of the pouches are a little too tight to take a 7.62mm mag.

I've got a Bowmans headset on the way, so that can go over the beret as they wear them.

So guys, what do you think?
    sigpic

Re: Corpo de Fuzileiros (Portuguese marines) loadout - picture heavy

That looks really good, well done mate!!

Comment

Looking the part, nice job mate.

Comment

Other than needing more G3, I think it looks ace. I would voice concerns over wearing proper insignia etc... But I can't imagine there are many Portuguese players around your way so there should be no issue.

It's nice to see something that isn't Multicam
        The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by helpimonfire View Post
          I would voice concerns over wearing proper insignia etc... But I can't imagine there are many Portuguese players around your way so there should be no issue.
          That's exactly the way I see it.

I use either Portuguese or Brazilian kit, so there's no anyone can accuse the guy with the ginger beard of walting!
          sigpic

Comment

Looks great! I'm liking the attention to detail. What vest is that, and how much was it?
            "Unleash just one load into the enemy
            and be ready to go again straight
            away... and that doesn't happen very
            often does it lads!" - ZeroOne

Comment

Originally posted by Vendettonator View Post
              Looks great! I'm liking the attention to detail. What vest is that, and how much was it?
              Thanks

The vest is a "Sturm Mil-Tec Urban Assault Vest - Arid Woodland", so that should help you find it

£45 + P&P, so just over 50 quid.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
                Thanks

The vest is a "Sturm Mil-Tec Urban Assault Vest - Arid Woodland", so that should help you find it

£45 + P&P, so just over 50 quid.
                Thanks. Is there a colour nearer to that of the darker one in the 7th picture?
                "Unleash just one load into the enemy
                and be ready to go again straight
                away... and that doesn't happen very
                often does it lads!" - ZeroOne

Comment

Don't think so, but google the name I gave and you'll find the full range.
                  sigpic

Comment

A few photos from Contact Front last weekend:

Rocking the M14 for the last time:

Actually listening for once!:

Don't ask me what the hell I was looking for:

The really annoying thing was getting hit, right on the same spot of the same earlobe, two games in a row by the same guy. I got home to find that my new Bowmans headset was delivered about half an hour after I left on the Saturday morning. If I'd been wearing it then it would have saved me a great deal of pain and a nasty scab after the blood blister went!
                    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Caveira Find out more about Caveira
                    Working...
                    X