This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol-only loadout?

Hey, sorry if this was already posted; I did a quick forum search and found nothing.
    Anyhow, what I was wondering is whether it would be possible to play urban or woodland with only a pistol/machine pistol. What do you guys think?

Thanks

(By play, I mean efficiently hit a few guys, or do as well as someone wielding an assualt rifle/SMG).

Re: Pistol-only loadout?

I think you could. Would have to be sneaky though as the longer guns would out range you.

Comment

Easily Urban. Range doesn't really matter, your volume of fire may make it harder though.

(Unless you have a glock!)

Comment

With a maruzen mp5k the ROF is awesome.

Comment

I did a pistol only load at a game last year, no pics but based on this, 'Il Duce'.

Trader Feedback.
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

Originally posted by Krayzee View Post
            With a maruzen mp5k the ROF is awesome.
            Amazingly empty after one second!

From somebody who does go "pistol mode" a fair bit, here is my 2 pence!

Most of it depends on your site. You'll need to be getting a lot closer for pistol action. So a large sparse site is going to be very difficult/impossible. If you have a small site, with a good amount of cover/rat runs you'll be laughing.

When I'm on the pistol, I always have my main slung for back up. Really practise makes perfect, and there is nothing quite so satisfying as when the enemy is engaging in full out battle rest of team at the front, than to ninja round the flank and get some sneaky kills.

So really, have pistol and AEG, and just use the pistol whenever the opportunity presents :D

Comment

pistol only is the way to go at The Mall backup with a shotty. You need plenty of mags though and barrel mounted light as it can get quite dark in the basements
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Pistol only is possible the folling
                901 Chest rig with Serpa and Strike Platform on it to make it belt adapted then 4x Mag pouches
                MOLLE 1st line belt with a large utility pouch at the rear for gas or you could use frag pouches and the vfc mock flashbang gas bottles then on the legs drop down leg platforms with even more mags!
                Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Pistols only is awesome in woodland, a game last year my primary's battery broke so I ended using my Meu and a team mates pistol. Spent the game running and diving into bushes, took out a load of people in charlie by sneaking through said bushes :D

The amount of fail on this forum is increasing. Stop it. Use the damn search function.

Comment

I agree, I had a whole day with my trusty Detonics .45 and a few mags. It is certainly a very different ball game.

Plus all I had gear wise was holster, few mag pouches, some more ammo and gas. This was during summer to, so couple that with a t-shirt and you have the lightest loadout going.

Comment

Some of the best games Iv played Iv been in pistol mode. You do need to become part ninja as you need to be nice and close. I say dont take the AEG with you it will only slow you down. Go as light as you can and get as close as you can. Wait for fire fights to break out before moving so peoples atention is else were then you can sneak up on them and scair the bjesus out of them

Comment

Thanks everyone for their opinions and advice, see, I was thinking of getting one/two G18's and using them as semi-AEG's, as such. I'm moving to urban as well, but still do woodland, and can't wait to get into the snow with dual pistols for a laugh

Thanks all

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                        X