Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Multicam and Camogrom, whats the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multicam and Camogrom, whats the difference?

pretty much as the title say really! is there any actual difference between the two? looking to change my loadout and the helikon Camogrom seems a decent buy, unless of course helikon make multicam stuff. But before i buy is there any difference in the two?

cheers

Millest's Mediocre Meanderings
    Millest's Ebay

Re: Multicam and Camogrom, whats the difference?

As far as I'm aware camogrom is a slightly different colour pattern/pallette than multicam and was made by Helikon for the Polish military. Imo its basicly like Chinese multisham but better quality.

Comment

The colour palette is pretty much the same in my comparisons, there's a tiny difference in the actual layout of the shapes in the pattern and you get the word 'camogram' in tiny font every so often. That's basically it.

Most people can't differentiate between MC, MTP and Camogram even up close, let alone at a distance or when you're running about in-game.
      REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

cheers for the info guys, the other lads have gone and bought 5.11 MC and i dont fancy blowing £75 on a pair of kecks so am looking for good alternatives and the camogrom by helikon seems very good value.

Millest's Ebay

Comment

It is actually pretty easy to distinguish them up close. Camogrom has more brown in it. When I get home today I can post up a side-by-side pic of Crye Multicam and Helikon Camogrom.

Comment

Multicam pattern is different and has a darker green level than MTP, not so obvious when MTP is new but become more prenonced the more faded MTP becomes and it does fade fast. Camogram is a closer match for MTP colour wise but the pattern is more multicam than MTP

Comment

my other fall back is the propper set from UK Tact, i think its genuine multicam but doesnt say. main thing is its cheap and the jacket has the manderin collar which i like

Millest's Ebay

Comment

you can get propper multicam on ebay for pretty cheap mate.

Comment

Helikons Multicam range is effectively their version of the Crye kit but with the shapes and colours arranged slightly differently and still at high quality but at a fraction of the price , as you'd quess Crye ain't to happy about that so if a company wants to stock Crye products they will make them boycot helikon gear.

Got told that by the owner of a non sea or air based warrior shop.

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

Propper's definitely a good option if you want official Crye MC. I'm not a fan of the materials used in their combat shirt or the cut of the standard trousers, but it is all solid and, as mentioned, all made from real materials to a high standard. Helikon... I dont generally recommend to others, because the couple of items I've tried and other things I've seen at games just haven't impressed me that much to be honest. It is serviceable for airsoft of course, but I tend to find you can get better gear for not much extra cost.
                    REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Try buying the tru spec threads its genuine multicam and half the price of the 5.11 gear altho not lacking it quality this pants are tough as steel

Comment

I was at a skirmish and one of my friends was in Multicam and one in camogram and you can really notice it. No disrespect to anyone who has camogram but it does look cheaper (before anyone has a go at me for being a muticam snob I don't own any multicam nor do I plan on)
                        Fire Team Zulu
                        Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                        http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Can recommend the Elite Tactical multicam gear - from the pro MC place in Portsmouth. The trousers in particular are a good fit, sturdy enough and have a lot of room in terms of pockets. UBACS isn't bad either, bit worried about I might tear the chest section if I snag it on something, but nothing so far :D Very adjustable too - essentially a copy of the Crye combat pants, so the knee pads etc are all adjustable (at least on the ECU2 trousers I went for). Not genuine MC as far as I know, but tbh it does the job.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

millest Find out more about millest
                          Working...
                          X