Molle Belt Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molle Belt Rig

Does anyone who uses a molle belt rig as a low profile rig have any issues with them ?? Also any help on what to put on the belt and what makes to go for and which ones to look out for quality wise. Also any pictures of your belt rig to help me decide on what to get would be helpful. Just deciding on whether to get one or not as have seen people use them just never really considered one until now.

Re: Molle Belt Rig

Few pics here mate.

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...our-Belt-Setup!
    TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

I usea a warrior one with Alice webbing, though you dont need this, just helps with the radio wires etc to run up it.

check this thread for pics + ideas

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...our-Belt-Setup!
      FOR SALE
      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

My current belt set-up is:

WAS padded belt
        2 x WAS double shorty mags pouches, each with a single attached to it on the front so it looks like an L shape. (left and right handside)
        1 x WAS double pistol pouch
        1 x WAS thigh mounted holster (left leg) with double mag pouch
        1 x WAS treble grenade pouch (for smokes)

I carry 6 Vietnam size mags (60rnds each), 4 pistol mags (18rnds each) and 3 smoke grenades. This is my crawling through the undergrowth kit.
        I have the harness for it too but i prefer the belt only.

Go for a padded belt. Way more comfortable than any of the other types!

Comment

Cheers guys, definatly looking into getting one to use with my glock 23f and m4 - question is open top m4 mag pouches or closed as looking to carry around 8 mags in total

Comment

I use the open on this rig as i am supposed to be relatively concealed and not getting into the thick of it. Also i am using half size mags!

If you are using full size mags i would go with the closed flap type purely because they are easier to get your empty mag back into and they help protect your mags if you are crawling around like a student after a night of free boozing!

Comment

Yeah I'll be getting closed mag pouches then :-P as that sounds rather like me and my glock on a game day haha just need to find the right set up now or build from base upwards which I know will cost more but I can tailor it to me.

Comment

I used to have my pistol on my belt, which i preferred, but since buying my new pistol i can't get a SERPA to fit.

I used to have a Glock in a left haded SERPA on my left hip, slightly angled to make it an easier draw. As i can't get a SERPA for my Hi-Capa i am now using a leg holster.

Comment

Issue I have with mine is it fell down my legs, though this was more due to the inner belt I paired with it, it doesn't adjust well so I need to look for a replacement.

Otherwise I'm sure I'd love my belt rig, which is currently:
                  Condor MOLLE belt (probably going to swap for something from a brand I personally know, and maybe with 3 MOLLE rows)
                  EI shotgun pouch (which I also store a lighter in for when using pyro and I lose ALL the caps lol)
                  EI canteen pouch
                  Pantac rolling dump pouch
                  EI dropleg panel
                  Rip off medic pouch

Want to add some 9mm mag pouches to it for my 226 and might run the holster on the belt rig itself as well, was looking at the BH thigh rig for my SERPA but it probably wouldn't sit well on the MOLLE belt and not sure if I want it attached to my trouser belt.

Leatherman pouch, maybe another canteen and a small utility pouch. And the harness system to help further in the fight against slipping lol
                  "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                  Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

The WAS leg rigs have thin attachments which can either loop around a belt or feed through molle loops - can you maybe modify those adaptors onto your BHI rig or just use a molle platform with the strike plate fitted to it?

Comment

Hey Ben,

Good question, I regretted not getting a low profile, instant access belt sooner! The phot' below shows mine in its current config:

From left to right:

1x High ground instant grenade pouch;
                      (for sale)
                      1x kangaroo shingle (holds three rifle and three pistol mags)
                      1x Maxpedition dump pouch
                      1x Zulu Nylon covered double magazine pouch
                      1x radio pouch for smoke or V.T.G. grenade
                      1x LFI kydex holster on drop leg for Glock 17

Couple of points on the why and how of my belt:

The area above the secondary is kept clear so I have maximum working space to bring up the Glock - as the only time I'm going to need it, I'm going to need it fast
                      Primary magazines go on the non dominant side to keep my trigger finger hand on the pistol grip
                      Radio goes on the upper back so the body has minimal interference with the signal
                      Carabiner to clip used grenade pins to so I don't lose them during the heat of battle
                      Only 6 magazines of 82 rounds (including one in the weapon) are carried. I would want to bring more if it wasn't for my beefed up SOPMOD carbine
                      AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

Comment

That looks a good rig, what base belt are you using there. I'm looking to carry around 8 m4 midcaps so maybe two double m4 closed top pouches on the left hand side with a dump pouch next to that. Then either a serpa for my glock on the belt itself or on a drop leg and then utility pouch next to dump pouch and smoke grenade pouch next to that and to top it off a couple of pistol mag pouches ... I think that is what I'm going to run ... have you got any pics of you wearing it as looking to see where they sit on the body

Comment

Thanks, it's an unbranded belt I bought of the forum. Ref shingles: I like them because there is no flap to get in the way when you are trying to get a mag out, especially when in the prone. If you want something that does protect the magazines well from dirt and grid I would recommend the Zulu Nylon pouch

As for leg holsters: when worn high and tight on the thigh it can be drawn quicker and more comfortable than a holster on the belt, especially when in combination with a plate carrier, as you don't have to lift your arm as high first. I've read that people don't like drop legs because they shake all over the shop when running. However this doesn't have to be the case in my experience, and I've only got a home made jobby! Plus you end up with more space on the belt for the battle rattle!

Comment

Originally posted by bentheairsoftman View Post
                            ... have you got any pics of you wearing it as looking to see where they sit on the body

As requested As you may have noticed: the thigh holster is still in the beta stage. But I like what I'm seeing so far...!

Comment

Looks really good mate, and the holster looks fine tbh, i'd wear that now tbh mate. Does the belt seem to move around when your running or does it seem to sit comfortably without moving. Yeah i dont intend to be doing much crawling around on the floor now a days so i think maybe open top mag pouches are the best option

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bentheairsoftman Find out more about bentheairsoftman
                              Working...
                              X