Looking for a bit of advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a bit of advice...

I have recently replaced my M4 with an M60 and an MP7 (for indoors and when I cba lugging the pig about) and a P226 for a last resort, and now need to re-jig my gear accordingly.

I currently use a RICAS with M4 mag pouches, a cargo pack and a couple of utility pouches. Obviously with the pig I'm not going to need ammo pouches as i'll just run the box mag. so all i'll be needing to carry is: Camelbak, gas, MP7 mags, Sidearm Lots of ammo :D, batteries, Radio and grub.

So, my question is: Do I lose the RICAS in favour of something smaller, if so what? I was thinking of maybe keeping the Cargo pack and pair that up with a grab bag or something. Or do I keep the RICAS and use the M4 mag pouches for the MP7 mags?

Drop legs are out of the question, I hate them, so I must be able to stick all this gear on my chest/back/shoulders.

Your thoughts please gentlemen

Re: Looking for a bit of advice...

Ultimately that is quite a lot of gear you are going to be hauling around, 3 completely seperate weapon systems, all requiring different mags and accessories so I think you are going to need all the space you can get.

Instead of a small grab bag, have you thought about a low profile rucksack? That way you can reload/re fuel between games.

Personnally I think I would go with the ricas, mp7 mags in your m4 pouches at the front, pistol on the chest with 1 back up mag and 1 utility pouch low on your back for 1 m60 reload. Lunch, gas and further reloads would be in a small rucksack.

You would be a lumbering support gunner, but if you wanted or when you get too tired, dump the pig and bag and off you run.
    sigpic

Comment

Makes sense! The cargo pack I have is molle mounted and sits on the back of the RICAS, so that can stay where it is with the MP7 and everything inside it! I suppose I'll just lose a couple of M4 mag pouches (each mag pouch holds 2 MP7 mags, so i'll only need 3 :D).

To me that doesn't seem like a lot of kit haha, I'm a fan of carrying everything I'll need with me at all times (because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to-ing and fro-ing back to cars/safezones ect).

Cheers Chimp, i'll probably keep the RICAS then, but just out of interest, are there any other support gunners out there who carry everything with them? If so how do you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pricey View Post
        i'll probably keep the RICAS then, but just out of interest, are there any other support gunners out there who carry everything with them? If so how do you do it?
        LBT 6094 all the way, two m249 pouches on the front, utility pouches along the sides and cargo pack, with 5.56 pouches on the sides....

Comment

One thing one of my team mates does to carry bb is to put them into canteens, that could be an option.
          Zeroin - Come for the airsoft. Stay for the trolling.

Comment

to elaborate ;

on the left (excuse the half asleep look, it was early lol) had switched the pouches around so both 249 pouches at the back and 5.56 pouches at the front...

Comment

I would run a well padded belt rig (with or without braces depending on preference) and a day sack.

Magazines only on the belt kit (maybe a utility pouch with a bag of ammo or two for the box mag) and everything else in the day sack.

For the most part, crawling through the bushes and Kicking doors in is out of the question so concentrate on being able to lay down huge amounts of fire with minimum downtime for reloads.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pricey You wanna know? Ask me... Find out more about Pricey
              Working...
              X