Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

prety light wieght for me, yet unit impression; i go for german jagerman

feild shirt (with jumper and or parka for winter)
    combats
    para boots
    Beret (or field cap)
    molle harness, with pistol holster, 2 double g3 mag pouches (soon to be g36 pouches) radio pouch and a small general purpose pouch, which takes the tactical mars bars and bottle of water and the bottle of bbs, and spare battery.
    the harness has built in pockets on teh cummberband so any extra stuff nades etc can be fitted in them.

and thats all i carry, nice and light for my running around but carrys enough stuff that i cna be out all day bar lunch break, bar mil sims but even then lucnh is just a few extra choc bars.

only thing that doesnt go out on field with me is the green gas, but thats neither here or there

Comment

I rock the multicam look with merino baselayers underneath so I don't get too sweaty. I need my Warrior plate carrier to carry my five G36 mids, G26a plus two mags, BFG pouch plus pouches for blanks, reloading tool and leatherman. I have a cargo pack for my Camelbak plus gas or if I'm in a game that involves a bomb or laptop. I also made a sling that attaches my G36K to my vest instead of having a sling slowly choking me all day.
      It seems a lot but I hate to go back to the safezone and miss any action and some of the games at SWAT can go on for 2-3 hours so I want everything to hand.
      sigpic

Between your faith and my Glock nine millimeter, I'll take the Glock.

Comment

I'll typically go in with an assault vest containing a dozen mags, some food and water, as well as useful odds and ends like screwdrivers and electrical tape. I'll also have a drop leg for my 1911, and I'll wear either a boonie or a helmet (normally Mk. 6) depending on how I'm feeling.

Clothing wise I sometimes just wear a combat shirt and trousers if it's hot and I'll be indoors, but this can be changed to a full base layer, then combat shirt, then smock then assault vest if needs must. Camo-wise I have full loadouts for DPM and DDPM, and I use desert osprey with my MTP if I'm wearing that.

Comment

At GZW I Run 5 King arms Midcaps,16 MAG Midcaps and a highcap for emergencies
          I use the Warrior Centurion Chest rig with 2 Triple M4 pouches and 1 double M4 pouch attached to the molle.
          a set of DPM's and my trusty G&G M4
          sigpic

Comment

As long as I've got some sort of UBACS and trousers that have built-in knee pads I'm pretty much happy. Can't live without that stuff any more.

Apart from that, I don't tend to run particularly light but I'm not loaded up with a million grenades on top of all my ammo either. A rig that's easy to get on/off, MOLLE belt for my pistol stuff/dump pouch and some good quality high-speed mag pouches for 4-5 midcaps and 2-3 secondary mags. Oh and a hydro carrier pouch, always always carry a camelbak in game.
            REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

Ill generally wear helikon camogrom TCU shirt and SFU trousers, with a moisture wicking shirt underneath in moderate weather. I wear berghaus goretex hiking boots as they are light, easy to run in and keep my feet dry. I currently use a bulle mle with ka 5 mids, 1 gng high, bbs, speed loader, spare battery and other small items( knife, cabletie, batteries). So not exactly barebones but not heavy either. As soon as i get cash im gonna buy a bulle rrv and a hydration carrier. Hope this wasnt counted as a necro post ...

Comment

Outdoors its Multicam shirt/trouser and vest

Indoors its Dark blue jeans with a black top and black vest.
                AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

• The only thing that changes on my loadout is my trousers. 90% of the time it's my 5.11 tactical pants. If they're muddy already and stinky, then I'll throw on some jeans. Much prefer the urban pmc look to proper camos etc

Comment

THONG
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                      THONG
                      Colour?

Comment

Dpm cheese wire thong for the interested parties
                        sigpic

Comment

I have two kit set ups at the moment.

I have a full kit OD RICAS 7.62x51mm set up with assault pack.
                          It has 4 7.62x51mm puches, radio pouch, admin pouch, assault pack, large zip pouch, small zip pouch, dump pouch and pistol holster
                          This is mainly for your standard british day and for small games as the full kit is qutie heavy when loaded.

I also have a summer set up with is a PLB belt that holds the bare essentials. Has holster, dump pouch, radio pouch, large zip pouch and 2 7.62x51mm pouches.

I havent bothered buying two seperate load outs. the parts I need from one load onto the other as I wont need to wear a winter and summer set up similtaneously
                          Kiran Payne
                          TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                          Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                            Dpm cheese wire thong for the interested parties
                            Do you do private shows?
                            TAE

Comment

Originally posted by Utrinque Paratus View Post
                              Hello, after I was wondering what kind of gear do you wear for a bog standard skirmish. I like to keep it light and simple, I cannot understand the point of running around in a 1 hour game, with 25 magazines, tac lights, helmets, 2 pistols, it confounds me (yes, I know that isn't proper english :p). Not saying it's wrong mind, just that I find it odd. If you run a look like this, would you mind explaining why to me?

Cheers! UP.

Edit: I am not saying this is the wrong way to do it!!! I'm just curious.
                              You saw how I was kitted out at Norwich bud. As little clag as humanly possible!
                              Low profile, snug assault vest carrying 6 mags, one assault rifle, on pistol in thigh rig, BOOM!
                              Originally posted by The Laughing Man
                              Millzy I honestly only just noticed that your avatar blinks. I thought I was having a hallucination for a second..

Anyway. Boobs.

Comment

I wear a cheap flecktarn BDU. For skirmishes no longer than a couple of hours I use a simple Begadi M16 rig like this:

I take five primary mags for my primary, one in the gun, four in my rig. I try to use only mid-caps as high caps piss me of no end with their jamming and rattling. I used to use a Begadi TYR but I found even that cumbersome.

For all day games I use a Russian Grad-2 assault vest and take nine mags with me (eight in the rig, one in the gun), again all mid-caps.
                                For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                                Check out my other sales!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Utrinque Paratus Find out more about Utrinque Paratus
                                Working...
                                X