Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

It's all about the belt/suspenders set up B) murder on the back but you look like a pro
    Signature Removed

Comment

I tailor my loadout to each skirmish. For my last one (Gas & Spring at The Mall) I wore a Rhodesian Recon Vest. I had my pistol in a serpa on my chest, a utility pouch to keep my wallet, phone and keys in, a 12-shell shotgun pouch, a double pistol pouch, dump pouch on my waist and some grenade pouches.

Most of that I could quite easily transfer on to a molle belt, but I prefer the light protection from close range hits.
      Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

i wear MBSS now but always used to wear real armour to games with a chest rig over the top. the honest truth is that i'm still playing soldiers with my friends in a field/woodland. not much has changed in the past 14 years apart from having money to pay for tac gear lol
        Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
        https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Comment

On a normal day, Lidl wicking base layer and socks (long sleeve in winter, sleeveless in summer), Helikon polish woodland trousers and shirt, Brit issue cold weather boots, Shemag or skrim on my neck, polish patrol cap or green bandanna on my skull, Gill sailing gloves (€7.50 on sale, Size junior large, I have girls hands), Brit issued chest rig or od plate carrier if I have to carry more gear.

Comment

Unit impression at the minute, undefined era Navy SEAL (wearing AOR-2 replica but carrying a Mk23, so not quite true to life haha).

So got Claw Gear SOCOM trousers and shirt (which has a detachable hood so waterproof, yay!)
            RRV with backpack and hydration pouch, 2 double M4 mag pouches and a borrowed dump pouch until I can get one in the right colour lol

Looking to build towards an all out minimum 36 hour milsim kit in US style (so my bergen is pretty useless) because thats what I want to do, probably wouldn't bring it all to a regular skirmish though haha.

Really could do with a lid as well haha.
            "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
            Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Originally posted by Junglespy View Post
              Will probably change when I buy a pistol - Might be inclined to buy a Plate Carrier to facilitate the carrying of it and magazines.
              Have done exactly this now, bought an FSBE in OD and a RICAS Compact in Tan, can't wait to try the RICAS out this weekend at The Mall.
              "They love it, they do, they love it"

Comment

I used to rock out in full molle vest, helmet, knee pads 1000 pouches and all that but now i just dont see the point and go out nice and light.. chest rig blackhawk kharki trousers, cap and shirt or softshell of some shape or form depends on weather, more of a PMC style loadout, now dont get me wrong i do still appreciate the guys wearing all the kit and going for a unit impression its just not for me anymore!
                Mitch

Comment

Meindl Desert Fox boots
                  DPM trouser
                  DPM UBACS
                  Coyote plate carrier w. mags/pyros etc
                  ESS V12s
                  Shemagh (if it's not too hot)

Might add some sort of hat at some point.

But basically everything I need and nothing I don't.

Comment

At the moment this is my full loadout breakdown...

WAS Mc battlebelt
                    2x 2 mag shingles
                    1x 3 mag shingle
                    WAS Mc dump pouch
                    TAS Mc Lefty holster (im right handed though...)
                    Helikon Mc Trousers
                    Normal long sleeved brown top
                    Magnum boots (Unsure of what model)
                    ESS V 2.4
                    KJW Metal M92F
                    TM 32Rnd Long mag
                    4 Standard M92F Mags
                    G&G rush
                    Comp m2 Aimpoint
                    MS2 sling - brilliant for chucking it on my back.
                    8 75Rnd Stanags
                    1 360Rnd Stanag

What im going to add in the next few days
                    Mechanix Mpac gloves
                    Blackhawk v2 kneepads (Yes im a girl when i kneel on gravel)
                    Ultrafire Torch - unsure what model
                    WAS tanned cap
                    WAS Dropleg holster and mag pouches
                    WAS Dropleg dump pouch
                    DD MK18 RIS, Noveske 18" outer (For the m4)

And I should be done. Although I do want some nipple protection, it bloody kills getting shot point blank in the nipple, its the only real reason I want a chest rig. A lightweight one obviously, the 901 warrior.

Its very lightweight when you compare it to those people wearing full ciras vests, helmets, comms, daypacks, UBACS and Full BDU's, GPS, GoPro, watch, compass, mess tins, pointless outdated medical supplies, facepaint, colouring pens, tin openers, survival kits, tents, xbox controllers, Docking stations with iPods (somoeone had a docking station hanging on his RICAS and was playing some motivating music, very enjoyable) insta-coffe and polystyrene cups and a paint brush.. <- (Im guilty of this) blow up dolls <- yes ive seen it.

Comment

What i tend to do is have three setups that can be worn simultaneously same idea as First, Second and Third line gear. some people get P**** about airsoft and using military terms but this is the best way for me to describe

My First Line is a Templar Assault Systems molle belt with a couple of mag pouches and a 5.11 large utillity pouch.

My Second Line is my FLYEE m4 chest rig, this holds 4 AR mags ( can also accommodate 7.62 ak and SR25 ) and 4 pistol mags as well as either two radios or two water bottles of either BBS or funnily enough water.

my third line which i have never had to use yet because i dont play long enough games is a coyote rucksack that fits in the stuff i need for a longer game food more BBs water binos and even more mags in case i run dry in a firefight etc...

most of my gear is either bought form reading reviews made by airsofters and operators or because nobody has tried the stuff i see

hope this helps.

Comment

For my next 24hr Milsim with IED:

Will loose the ECWS if its too hot and run with just my MC Combat Shirt.

Ben
                        "As the Great Warrior poet Ice Cube once said, when the day does not require an AK it is good"

Comment

With me I varies from game to game and what te conditions are like.

Sometime is will just be just a t-shirt with my A-TACS and mags in pockets were in others full on chest rig with back plate, cargo pack, shotgun on back.

For the future I'm lanning on getting a bet rig to go either by itself for ligtweightness or to be combined with my chest rig. Also when I finally complete my plan of getting a M249 I'm sure it will all start to weigh a bit more but thats not that much of a concern if it weighs a lot as I then count it as a work out :p
                          Fire Team Zulu
                          Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                          http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Went for other.

Mainly because although I wear a helmet and seemingly loads of kit including a back pack, the backpack is mainly empty except for a hydration pouch and maybe some additional grenades. I have a chest rig for my mags, grenades and loads of spare bbs and reloader, so it isn't light and simple, it isn't a 3 day kit with cooking gear and stuff and it isn't a unit impression either. I basically wear and take what is need for that game/session of games.
                            sigpic

Comment

I went light and simple, I have a mix of either DDPM, DPM, a black UBACS and on the head a cap, a jungle hat or a FAST Helmet.

For kit its either a DDPM Molle vest and pouches, a DPM Artkis chest rig or just ammo in my jacket if taking the L96 out.

Have also been known to go out with the MP5 and a drop leg mag pouch.

It all gets a bit mix and match at times, but hey it works for me (old skool scruffy DPM loadout as my team mates have said lol)

Comment

I am a geardo of the highest order and tailor my kit to the game i am playing.

I have a belt kit with 6 x vietnam size 60 round mags and a thigh mounted pistol for crawling through the grass and staying hidden days.
                                I have a full assault waist coat to carry up to 8 full size 120rd mid caps, 3 BFGs / smoke / combination and up to 10 Mk5s along with a pistol and up to 4 mags for the longer medic rule applies games or the longer milsim type days.
                                I also have a mag clamp and some pockets for the fast and furious games.

I have never played a game where it was necessary to carry a daysack of equipment in play - have used one as a drop off at re-gen points to avoid a slog back to the safe zone though.

Basically i can test and adjust and by lunchtime i am well into the flow of the day at any given site i visit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Utrinque Paratus Find out more about Utrinque Paratus
                                Working...
                                X