Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

Tigerstipes, Gloves and a buff for mouth protection.

Looking sexy, Feeling pro.
    - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
    - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

"Bad boys bady boys, what you gonna do..." :D
      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

- Flecktarn BDU's
        - Black low profile body armour
        - OD Warrior grab bag
        - Tan Magnum boots
        - Shemagh
        - OD Operator cap
        - Black nomex gloves
        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

DPM Trousers
          DPM shirt
          DPM jacket
          Gloves
          Boots
          Googles
          Schemagh
          Vest
          Mags x 6 (one of which is in the gun)
          Weapon - G36C

Extra BB's
          Water
          Speed loader

About it
          Last edited by ElZer0; 30 March, 2010, 12:46. Reason: adding something
          FOR SALE
          7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
          , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

I have standard issue DPM clothes with me issue boots.
            Scrim net round my neck ready to unfold and cover my head except it now been made into a scarf/ roll out concealment vest.
            L96 and thats it!

For Milsims i'll have DPM's, Boonie, 'scarf/vest',45ltr burgen,rifle bag on my back, L96 in bag M4 in my hand with My pistol in leg holster

I like the feel of lugging heavy crap about for some reason :S
            RC Aircraft for sale or swap with M4! - http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53131

Comment

Im probably one of the guys carrying/using the least gear at the site i play at, pair of goretex dpm trousers(keeps you mostly dry when you go into a 18 inch deep puddle) and a windproof sas/para style smock, again in dpm, and a OD shemagh round the neck, and a pair of magnum combat boots ive had kicking about for a few years.

I use an MP5 so most of the mags fit in the smocks lower pockets, bb's get carried in a sock with a bottle lid, which leaves the 2 upper pockets for pyro, also have the side pockets for tactical mars bars/ batteries and anything else i may need.

Had thought about buying some PLCE kit but if im honest i dont really need it, would buy it if i was getting a good deal on it, but its probably just something else to slow you down and stick out if your hiding behind a tree.

Comment

Goretex kit stays in my sack, what an investment that was!!!
                RC Aircraft for sale or swap with M4! - http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53131

Comment

I'm not going to put down in a list (as others have done) but, I'll put my point as simply as I can and its thus:

"Every one carries equipment differently and in different amounts, ex forces will carry just about everything they need for 24 hours in the field, as its been drilled into them and sometimes a bit more besides."

Its a bit general, but its polite and falls within the rules as set down.

Anyone can see the sticky I wrote on airsoft and help for newer players at Cerberus's forums.

I've personally not voted on this poll because the options are so broad I fit into about all the options as written by the OP, but every so often I get a little irritated with certain airsofter's at a ground and go the whole hog for my yomping kit (and as I'm not as fit any more, ache at work on the Monday), however I've modified what I'm carrying based on airsoft, but its essentially the same as I've used on the job.
                  Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Voted 'other' as most of the time i go around with my Warrior ricas fully loaded with about 100 mags and 2 months worth of kit. but now and then i get bored, dump it all in the middle of the field and go off wit my weapon and a spare mag in my pocket.

Comment

• Re: Skirmish Wear - How do you do it?

Originally posted by Plasma View Post
                      Voted 'other' as most of the time i go around with my Warrior ricas fully loaded with about 100 mags and 2 months worth of kit. but now and then i get bored, dump it all in the middle of the field and go off wit my weapon and a spare mag in my pocket.
                      Let's be friends.
                      - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
                      - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

Originally posted by Plasma View Post
                        Snappp

Comment

For "light" games, I'll just throw on my Desert combats, boots, vest, and store everything in my CamelBak or LBE (including water). And of course can't forget the eye protection.

I have two "light & quick" setups that I play in.

The first is inspired by a photo I saw of US Army SF in Gulf War I.

This next one is just a kit using DPM as a base pattern, no real inspiration. It's just a quick & light DPM loadout.

And for the record, the vest is just a cover I've filled with camping mat foam that I cut to fit the vest, as Kevlar is a bit on the expensive side and is a bit over-the-top for MilSim. Tends to get a little heated, too.
                          I may be drunk Miss, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberi4n View Post
                            Mate the UBACS shirt is much more comfortable if you take the pads out of the sleeves... Neoprene doesn't breathe very well when you're all hot and sweaty!

Nice setup, though!
                            I may be drunk Miss, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly.

Comment

light and simple all the way
                              "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
                              Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

depends really but most days it Full DPM (windproof or P smock) plus a full set of PLCE with 2 double ammo pouches and 5 utilities (but only koz its setup for work and cant be arsed strippin and rebuilding as ive sewn it all together and guccified it etc) In it is usually 9 mags,speedloader,2 water bottles, jetboil, small toolkit, 24hrs rations + stickies and a poncho/cagoule. It seems like a lot but im used to carrying it all so the only things i change between work and play is the mags and i swap my RCK for the toolkit. All this plus a holster for my P226. However occasionally i just use a chest rig with 9 mags a radio and me toolkit. At the moment am building up an uber light loadout with MP5 mag dropleg on my left, Blackhawk dropleg holster on my right and a dump pouch on me arris (all in black) Ill most likely use this for if/when i do recces as im not very likely to get into a firefight so like to be able to move about fast, light and quiet.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Utrinque Paratus Find out more about Utrinque Paratus
                                Working...
                                X