Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tigerstripe camo

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
    I've been trying to find lizard pattern for ages. My wife is Portuguese and their marines used to wear it but, despite going to every surplus/airsoft shop we can find when we're over there, we've never found any. The only bit I've seen is a jacket owned by the father of my wife's Goddaughter, who's an ex-Portuguese paras officer, who got it from a marine on an exercise once.

Portuguese lizard and indeed Greek are often listed on the bay and go for a lot cheaper than French Lizard cammo.

Best Tigerstripe is definately Nam type not the modern stuff which has orange in it

Comment

Ahhh yeah, that blue/urbanish camo is what I was talking about hah.

Comment

I use tiger stripe, great stuff, so much so over half my team have gone out and bought some :p as for its origins, it being a yank camo is incorrect, while the yanks did in fact use it, they pilfered it from the south Vietnamese forces who were using it long before the yanks got hold of it (damn yanks always stealing stuff and claiming it as theirs >_<)
        sigpic
        Mercs Boss
        Armoury:
        ICS MP5A4 w/ Lighted Forend \ G&P XM177E2 w/M203 \ ZM Weapons Original LR300 \ TM MP7A1 \ TM M1911A1 \ TM P226R

Comment

Can anyone explain the logic behind desert Tiger Stripe? I know it looks cool and all but, isn't Tiger Stripe primarily done to break up you shape in dense foliage? So surely, apart from being desert coloured it's not all that much use... Anyone with a bit more knowledge enlighten me?

Comment

My guess, and it's only a guess (though a reasonably educated one), is that as the stripes are horizontal it tricks the eye, because when you are looking for somebody, you naturally look for a shape that's basically vertical.

US SWAT teams have studied this effect and lots of them use round ballistic shields, rather than larger vertical oblong ones, as they draw less fire.
            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gunslinger Find out more about Gunslinger
            Working...
            X