Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gear for tall folks...

'lo folks,
    OK this is something thats been bugging me for a while, does anyone have suggestions for a tac. vest to fit taller folks such as myself? On another forum I was advised to wear an IBA, but having owned a PASGT vest before Im not so sure thats really an option. Im currently using a Viper Chest rig and tbh it sits pretty high up even after adjustment which is somewhat off putting.

So can you guys suggest anything that might fit the bill?

Thanks
    Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Re: Tacttical Gear for tall folks...

not sure about vets that sit lower

but how about combing it with a belt system? something like belt mounted pouches or a molle belt to sit below it

means carrying more gear but it will hide that gap between the bottom of the vest and where your trousers start?
    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

Yes Ive given something like the Warrior PLB belt consideration before but having tried it with my current vest it seems more logical to wear just the belt... All the same thanks for input!

Comment

i've just got a was ricas (not the compact) & the adjustment on the shoulders is pretty good for lowering the vest closer to my belt.......been using a proud rav for few years, great well made vest but too much fat gut on show lol (im 6.2 & 18st)

Comment

are you after a plate carrier or would a chest rig do? warrior have soem crackong ones
          couple of guys i airsoft with use chestrigs as platecarriers couldnt be adjusted to sit low enough.

Comment

mate the Full size ricas goes to waist and that is on a tall pathfinder

Comment

Re: Tactical Gear for tall folks...

Ah OK, so are we talking the Warrior RICAS or one made by somebody else? (apoligies if thats a dumb question, but hey just making sure!)

Comment

yeah theyre talking about wariror RICAS, im 6ft 3 and the RICAS went to just above waist height, but considering im only 12 stone, it was way too wide for me. so i sent that back and got the compact version, which i find that it fits rather nicely. it does sit a bit above my waist but its the best thing ive used so far.
                Originally posted by fijitstiks
                they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                Originally posted by N3ADS
                Is this you talking from experience ?..
                i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Ah that could be perfect Crotmate, thats about a similar build as myself.

Does anybody know what way the Warrior RPC-7 would work out? I saw a review on here a while back but not sure if it'd do a better job than the Compact RICAS

Comment

best ask owainthegreat about that one, i know he had one.
                    they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                    Originally posted by N3ADS
                    Is this you talking from experience ?..
                    i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

There are a couple of reviews on the RP7.

Ejtrent also has one.

As for tall folks, i'm not so sure. It's quite a low profile rig... May look too small.

Comment

yeah i would get the ricas compact out of the two. as its got a larger profile.

this is how the ricas large sits. its not me but he looks a taller
                        bloke

Comment

You could always use webbing (PLCE, A.L.I.C.E.) but its not every one's cup of tea.

Comment

It depends on what you need.

PLCE webbing is very excessive as it's designed to carry ALOT of gear.

Perfect for long games, 24h+ ect but pointless for short games unless you don't mind empty pouches.

As you can see, plce webbing is quite ott :

Whereas the vest is quite perfect :

Last edited by bravotwozero; 9 January, 2010, 20:04.

Comment

I have owned PLCE in the past and whilst I though tit was great, as an AK user its a pain for mags (albeit utility pouches are available..). I also currently got some ALICE/LC2 webbing atm and Im not much of a fan tbh.

Well thanks for your help folks, it would appear a RICAS is the way to go, tad expensive but maybe Ill be able to afford it soon

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Liquid_snake Find out more about Liquid_snake
                              Working...
                              X